JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9mm... or 10mm if its available

You get into the 10mm stuff and you get pretty limited in what you can do with magazines. Bolts and barrels are available though. 9mm is kind of tough to do as well. Theres Glock mags of course but it can be hit or miss on conversion blocks in standard lowers. It all related to how far the mag inserts in the mag well because the bolt in the delayed rotary is the same configuration as a normal DI bolt whereas blowbacks keep the mag higher in the well. Of course CMMG sells a dedicated 9mm lower for WAY too much money and the only difference between that and a standard 9mm lower is the position of the mag release and the fact ir doesnt have an ejector. You can always trim back the mag catch a bit in a dedicted 9mm lower but that makes for a sloppy mag in the well unless you fill in the notch in the mag with a little epoxy.

I did my 9mm on a existing SBR lower with a 5.5" CMMG guard bolt and barrel set and a tacfire conversion block . The mag sits just low enough to work.

You can always use endomags in a standard lower. CMMG sells a special version that works with their bolt and barrel setup. I would have led with that but I dont like them.

Ironically 45 is the easiest to do. FWIW you can run 45 Super in the 45 ACP rotary bolt setup which is all that 10mm power wise plus more goodness. Believe it or not you can even get 45 ACP mags from Olympic arms that work with a standard lower for like $50 a mag. Yeah , I thought they were out of business too. Nope. All they make is weird magazines now.

9mm ...

eiyDU0.jpg

Olympic 45 mags...

0Ehy2u.jpg

RMS Lower with rotary 45

kqIXPs.jpg

SBR lower with Macon Armory 45 conversion. CMMG rotary bolt and 8" barrel. Real tack driver

zF1DvR.jpg

And of course...Everyone's favorite . The Bullet Hose ®. 3" barrel 45 ACP blowback flamethrower/silencer destroyer.

NIL2gk.jpg

Last Edited:
That's why mac 10s cycle so slow.[/sarcasm]

I will point out that one of my guns in 9mm uses a semi version of that action. On an ar essentially unless you have a giggle switch and certain binary triggers excluded, the cycling is not going to effect rate of fire. The action is going to be faster than a human can move.
Ever try a Mac11 .380? Full auto into hyper-space.

You get into the 10mm stuff and you get pretty limited in what you can do with magazines. Bolts and barrels are available though. 9mm is kind of tough to do as well. Theres Glock mags of course but it can be hit or miss on conversion blocks in standard lowers. It all related to how far the mag inserts in the mag well because the bolt in the delayed rotary is the same configuration as a normal DI bolt whereas blowbacks keep the mag higher in the well. Of course CMMG sells a dedicated 9mm lower for WAY too much money and the only difference between that and a standard 9mm lower is the position of the mag release and the fact ir doesnt have an ejector. You can always trim back the mag catch a bit in a dedicted 9mm lower but that makes for a sloppy mag in the well unless you fill in the notch in the mag with a little epoxy.

I did my 9mm on a existing SBR lower with a 5.5" CMMG guard bolt and barrel set and a tacfire conversion block . The mag sits just low enough to work.

You can always use endomags in a standard lower. CMMG sells a special version that works with their bolt and barrel setup. I would have led with that but I dont like them.

Ironically 45 is the easiest to do. FWIW you can run 45 Super in the 45 ACP rotary bolt setup which is all that 10mm power wise plus more goodness. Believe it or not you can even get 45 ACP mags from Olympic arms that work with a standard lower for like $50 a mag. Yeah , I thought they were out of business too. Nope. All they make is weird magazines now.

9mm ...

View attachment 681856

Olympic 45 mags...

View attachment 681867

RMS Lower with rotary 45

View attachment 681868

SBR lower with Macon Armory 45 conversion. CMMG rotary bolt and 8" barrel. Real tack driver

View attachment 681869

And of course...Everyone's favorite . The Bullet Hose ®. 3" barrel 45 ACP blowback flamethrower/silencer destroyer.

View attachment 681870

I'd like to build one using a dedicated 9mm lower (not ar15 size) that uses glock mags, side charging upper, with the delayed rotary blowback action.

Does the CMMG bolt and barrel you linked work with a side charging upper?

Does the ejector integrated into the bolt work with any side charging uppers?

Thanks for the help, sorry I'm still clueless on these little guns.

Many, many videos available online that show the inaccuracy of that statement.

But I don't mean to derail this thread, back to the topic at hand.
Man oh man is that ever true. Until it got to where there was camera's everywhere, even on many LEO's, I never used to believe the stories of some dobad soaking up rounds and not going down. Now there are so many video's of people being hit multiple times from a service pistol and refusing to stop. Normally this seems to be people on drugs but, it is still scary as hell to think about. Picture a couple of these zombies in your home at the same time. It made me try a lot harder to carry one of my 1911's with 10 round mags where I often did not.

I'd like to build one using a dedicated 9mm lower (not ar15 size) that uses glock mags, side charging upper, with the delayed rotary blowback action.

Does the CMMG bolt and barrel you linked work with a side charging upper?

Does the ejector integrated into the bolt work with any side charging uppers?

Thanks for the help, sorry I'm still clueless on these little guns.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. Yes, you can use a side charging upper but it has to be a upper that is made for 5.56 because of the CMMG bolt pin rotates and you need a modified bolt pin . Gibbz sells a special bolt pin for the CMMG upper. Mine is set up like that now with the side charger.

In fact ANY upper you use with the CMMG system has to a 5.56 upper and not a pistol upper. Sort of. OK. Theres one exception. The New Frontier Armory pistol upper has the right cutout inside

FWIW the STRIPPED CMMG 9mm lower is nearly $400 and more than that by the time you pay CMMG's extortionist shipping rates and transfer fees. They price the lower to make it cheaper to buy the whole gun from them. Jerks. Like I said you can modify a normal 9mm lower but it will be a sloppy mag fit.

Last Edited:

9mm ...

View attachment 681856

Olympic 45 mags...

View attachment 681867

RMS Lower with rotary 45

View attachment 681868

View attachment 681869

View attachment 681870
Those are some DAMN nice looking fun guns there. I would also feel great depending on any of those for a "protect the house" gun. The biggest "problem" I have found since I put together my first AR type PCC was how much ammo I burn up, first world problems:D
At first it was just that I built it and it was so fun that it worked. Soon it was just so damn fun:)

9mm ...
Would an NFA C9 be convertible to radial blowback with the bolt/barrel? With a dedicated 9mm NFA lower?

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job
And all was well until I read this part:

At one point Gramins heard a doctor exclaim, "We may as well stop. Every bag of blood we give him ends up on the floor. This guy's like Swiss cheese. Why'd that cop have to shoot him so many times!"

This is literally unbelievable to read.

His lack of awareness and respect for this as a justifiable law enforcement response and reaction is disturbing.

His complete disregard for what the LEO was doing is hard to grasp.

Last Edited:
The lack of awareness by the Dr. of what this WAS ALL ABOUT is disturbing. His complete disregard for what the LEO was doing is hard to grasp.
Hippocratic Oath. "do no harm" or save every life possible :rolleyes: that emoticon is directly due to certain clinics/doctors.. but this is no place for discussing that.

Edit. To get back on topic... educate me on "radial blowback". That seems an interesting system... but it made me think of the Uzi's Concentric bolt system?

Hippocratic Oath. "do no harm" or save every life possible :rolleyes: that emoticon is directly due to certain clinics/doctors.. but this is no place for discussing that.

Edit. To get back on topic... educate me on "radial blowback". That seems an interesting system... but it made me think of the Uzi's Concentric bolt system?
This should help. It is an interesting idea someone came up with

This should help. It is an interesting idea someone came up with

So its sorta a blowback version of the AR style rotating bolt head action?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top