JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stumbled upon a site years ago that is very useful in looking at the data of various communities I've lived in or considered living in.

The site has numbers on every aspect of a community, including crimes, and lists the exact number and types of crimes and shows the crime index number and compares it to the national average.

The national crime index average is 274.0

The town I work in has an average of 105.2

The town I live in has an average of 25.3

The nearest "Big City" which we lovingly refer to as Spokompton, or Spokanistan, has a rate of 619.4(!)

Using the City-Data site as a resource, what is the crime index for where you live?

The reason I posted this in "Carry/Self-Defense" is because I think it could directly correlate our personal comfort level in being armed vs. the reality of actual crime rates where we live, work, and travel.

Just sightly higher than the national average, die in large part to theft, theft and..... Theft. Oh and a couple (literally) murders per year. Rape has about doubled, I blame the University for this.

Dang...
I was hoping this was a link for a on call service like : 1-800- Henchmen..
Or maybe a reference guide or feedback rating system for the crooks in my area....:D

Neat link...and seems pretty accurate at least to the cities that checked out.
Thanks for posting.
Andy

Dang...

Psssst... Andy, you're looking for this guy => @therealhitman
You can thank me after he completes your job. ;)

He does really great work, and as you can see, he stays pretty up to date on current trends... :D
The_real_hitman.jpg

Last Edited:
196.0 as of the latest data (2018) in the chart. Has been on a decreasing trend since 2005.
Kennewick crime index.JPG

2005 was the year we exited Crakima, and you just posted why...

264, yikes! More than I'd have thought but it's mostly meth heads stealing stuff and setting fire to things, it looks like. Zero murders up until 2017, where there's one. Hillbilly crack.....

I just looked up Seaside, OR to compare it to PDX. Very close numbers. I don't live in either city, but Seaside used to be known as the hideout for criminals on the run.
For those that have never been there, it is a small coastal community on the Oregon coast.

Dang...
Or maybe a reference guide or feedback rating system for the crooks in my area....:D

Neat link...and seems pretty accurate at least to the cities that checked out.
Thanks for posting.
Andy
@Andy54Hawken I know where you live.
Did your Town even show up on this.
Lol .
Just asking because.
I have noticed a change in Anacortes in the last 10 years.
And it's not going in the good direction.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews