JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have trapped quite a few of those angry bastards. First time I called animal control and they told me to "fill the tub with water and put the trap in to kill it".
I am sure you can come up with a slightly less brutal way as I did. The ones at my place ate cat food that was outside the door. I used cat food and had him after 12 hours. One that was killing chickens on my family's property I used chicken and had success. I think a few people are right. Feed the little bastards what they are there eating. They like something they tend to stick with it.

Last Edited:
Whoever says "you need a license" has likely not trapped any. You are not supposed to go after them but if you are "trying to trap a feral cat" or something along those lines you are going to be fine. I was told by animal control that it is illegal to relocate them. You "have to" kill them. This was Washington county last year.

As always I could have been fed bad info by a government office but that was my recent experience. I had them keep coming back and I sprinkled mountain lion pee around. Seemed to at least keep them away from the garage and crawlspaces.....if you do that make sure to wear rubber gloves. Mountain Lions have rank pee.

Be careful handling them, especially any feces that they may leave behind in the trap.
Coons have a rather nasty parasitic worm, that if you accidentally ingest the eggs, can travel through your body and end up in your brain, liver and other parts with terrible health consequences.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylisascaris&ei=nFBjVYfDA9LpoASgmoKwCw&usg=AFQjCNHo88wdw-WDituERgerXOA-aiVUqw&bvm=bv.93990622,d.cGU&cad=rja

Also known as coon paralysis. Coon hounds can also get it.
Stacy

Oh and do yourself a favor and throw a blanket or towel over the cage before you try to pick it up....Flipping mean suckers attack through the cage as soon as you try to grab it.

All cats do.
I believe for degradation the laws are more lax. Main thing is don't go telling everyone on the interwebbernetter and just do what it takes to get rid of the vermin
Head shots and plastic garbage bags are the look for today

Legal Status...Washington State

Because legal status, trapping restrictions, and other information about raccoons change, contact your WDFW Regional Office for updates.

The raccoon is classified as both a furbearer and a game animal (WAC 232-12-007). A hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap raccoons during an open season. A property owner or the owner's immediate family, employee, or tenant may kill or trap a raccoon on that property if it is damaging crops or domestic animals (RCW 77.36.030). In such cases, no permit is necessary for the use of live (cage) traps. However, a special trapping permit is required for the use of all traps other than live traps (RCW 77.15.192, 77.15.194; WAC 232-12-142).

They's nasty. Heard of a toddler mouthing some coon turds got some liver flukes (big worms) that travelled to his eyes and brain.. breathing vegetable for life, poor thing.
No mercy.

He is not trapping raccoon. I read into it that he is going for a nasty cat that is attacking animals. Perfectly legal. If you happen to get a coon instead you are not allowed to release it....in Washington County Oregon. I am sure it is not the same everywhere.

Legal Status...Washington State

Because legal status, trapping restrictions, and other information about raccoons change, contact your WDFW Regional Office for updates.

The raccoon is classified as both a furbearer and a game animal (WAC 232-12-007). A hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap raccoons during an open season. A property owner or the owner's immediate family, employee, or tenant may kill or trap a raccoon on that property if it is damaging crops or domestic animals (RCW 77.36.030). In such cases, no permit is necessary for the use of live (cage) traps. However, a special trapping permit is required for the use of all traps other than live traps (RCW 77.15.192, 77.15.194; WAC 232-12-142).

Just eliminate the ringtailed garbage rats any way you can, and never say a word.

They may be cute but they do more harm to animals, people and livestock than you can imagine.
Just get rid of them when they come around your property.
There is sure as hell no shortage of them.

Just eliminate the ringtailed garbage rats any way you can, and never say a word.

They may be cute but they do more harm to animals, people and livestock than you can imagine.
Just get rid of them when they come around your property.
There is sure as hell no shortage of them.

Yeah...that ^

To all that have replied, I know damn well they are vicious, especially if cornered. I have uncles that had big, mean dogs all torn up by coons. These were dogs used for coon hunting and were well versed in coon meanness!

Use Tuna. Open the can and TIE it to the pressure plate. They take it every time.

When you relocate them, we use a Recycle trash can filled with water and relocate the whole trap right into it and then check back next morning.

You let these F4$3#$(%s go ANYWHERE and you are just making them someone else's problem.

Can't speak for Oregon, but in CA You can trap and kill if they are damaging your livestock. If you are trapping for fur, you need a license.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top