JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well,it depends on the price and intended use.
To me the best are my Kimber 82AAM,Walther,Anschutz,and Cooper,but as you can tell my taste is on the expensive side.
In the mid range i would have to go with a CZ or a Remmy 40X,with the Springfield target guns taking up the tail end.
RK

On my limited gun budget, I've been slowly saving for either a Savage Mark II BV or maybe a CZ 452 if I find some extra pennies. Also it looks like CZ is upgrading the line to 455, so maybe some 452's will drop in price a little in the near future. ( <broken link removed> )

Last Edited:
I'm looking for best gun of a moderate price.

I'd take a look at the Savage Mark II line. I don't have one, but having done some research on the topic in the past, these were well received. I think they have the Savage adjustable accutrigger now too. I don't own one, but I've shot one a couple of times at 100 yards, and it did much better than my bull barreled 10/22. (http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIBV)

The BV is 350 MSRP. If you go with the FV model, its 280.

I bought a Savage Mark II FV its the synthetic, bull barrel, acu-trigger, switchable magazines, I really enjoy it. I bought it with the intentions to later thread it for a future suppressor and I like the idea of bolt action with suppressor for quietness. It was $220 at Fishermans marine outdoors by the way in January, inexpensive gun and ammo were real winners for me.

Otherwise I would like to have an Anschutz if money wasn't a problem.

I bought a Savage Mark II FV its the synthetic, bull barrel, acu-trigger, switchable magazines, I really enjoy it. I bought it with the intentions to later thread it for a future suppressor and I like the idea of bolt action with suppressor for quietness. It was $220 at Fishermans marine outdoors by the way in January, inexpensive gun and ammo were real winners for me.

Otherwise I would like to have an Anschutz if money wasn't a problem.

I picked up a new TOZ 78-01 a few years back for $129, it has a fully adjustable trigger, target crown muzzle and free floated barrel. After I put a scope on it I was surprised at it's accuracy.
reloading 005-1.jpg

reloading 005-1.jpg

A used Winchester 67a,69a, 72a all are good choices. Remington's 500 series are a good bet. I also have a Mossberg 46m-b that is a outstanding shooter. Good Luck, Andy

CZ 452. Best .22 for the money. Period. Shot Savage, Anshutz, Cooper (wasn't in .22 LR to be fair), Remington, Winchester, surplus, CZ has them all beat hands down in my opinion.

IMO the surplus MAS45.. mine is a tack driver, literally

So you use yours as a hammer? :D

I think for moderate priced, I'd have to suggest a Savage, Marlin, and then CZ. Not necessarily in that order.

The Marlins have the microgroove rifling, and are very accurate, but feel cheap. I love Savage, but their .22 rifles need higher capacity mags for me to invest, and the CZ are real guns with a "decent" price for the quality.

I would say Savage but I am a huge Savage fan (have 2 17hmrs 1 22 and 1 223) with mine I can hit the primers on .30 cal rounds consecutively from 100yds. I have the special "Mako" thumbhole stock on it and absolutely love it. forgot if my mags are 7 or 10 rounders.

As with all things in life- YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Personally, I'm a CZ boy.

Figure out what you're gonna use it for,
what features you'd like it to have,
what it should be capable of,
who makes a rifle with the features you're looking for,
and then ask what people who actually own one of those rifles what they think of them (a lot of people around here like to chime-in with completely unrelated opinions).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top