JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As with all things in life- YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Sometimes you pay for more than what you need when the gun shoots better than the nut behind the trigger.

If you can find a CZ452 (American, Lux, Trainer) for $300 go for it! Otherwise, I think that you're in the Savage MK II\Marlin range. On the plus side you'll have money for lots of ammo.

CZ 452 Scout can be had for $250. That's what I paid ~2 months ago. It has a lesser stock and a lesser iron sight, but it is the SAME gun, same action, same trigger group as in other 452. Add a scope and you're in business. It comes with a dummy mag, you need to buy extra "real mag".. 5 rounder poly is $25@, while metal is $30 (what I paid).

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-scout/

It has a "youth" stock, if you are not 6' tall with long arms like myself, you should be be fine shooting it. I bought it for my kids, I also bought a 452 American for myself, but I like shooting the Scout a lot too. They are my first ever CZ, I like them so much I just bought a CZ P-01 9mm.

There are options to lengthen the stock if you have to.

CZ-452, I've got a scout, and an American. Both are dead on accurate, not very expensive, compared to a Kimber or Cooper, and fun to shoot. Just got my 452 scout threaded 1/2-28, for future quiet shooting. It is sweeeeeeet! I dumped off my 10-22s once I got hooked on CZ-452.

Blazer 22lr ammo at about $20 a brick of 500 is the best cheapest high velocity ammo I've every managed to get. This stuff is made by CCI but it shoots better then mini mags while looking like they use the same brass, one nice detail is the the bullets don't free spin on the brass on the Blazer and they do that on the Mini Mags. Anyway, I'm getting mini mag consistency with better groups, at 2/3rds the price.

Thank You Blazer, excellent ammo!

Huntpotter: I am interested in your mod on the scout, can you post a pic? Did you have to remove the front sight?

BTW, here are my 452:

CZ_452_sxs_1.jpg

CZ-452, I've got a scout, and an American. Both are dead on accurate, not very expensive, compared to a Kimber or Cooper, and fun to shoot. Just got my 452 scout threaded 1/2-28, for future quiet shooting. It is sweeeeeeet! I dumped off my 10-22s once I got hooked on CZ-452.

Got my kids CZ 452(s) with full mannlicher stocks when they pulled straight A's for a year.
Bought one from NW armoury & one from Gun Broker on 82nd. Both used but in exc to vgc Condition... Paid about $245.00 ea
Note went to Gun Room on foster to check on extra mags and saw salesman selling some poor guy a whopper of a story and the same gun for around $500.00 + ... it pays to shop for guns like you hunt. Know the best season. Ie> the start of spring and Christmas .22s will be at a premium. Look for them "off season" know what you want, and wait for the right one to come up. Have had many BA .22s and the CZ is worth every penny!
Good Luck.

Buy my Remington 581 with Tasco scope for $275. It's a 10 shot clip feed. A number of 22 hunter benchrest shooters swear by this model. This gun uses the same action as the Rem 541 target gun.

I'd have to say get a CZ 452 American. I just saw one on Gunbroker for $350 which was NIB. You probably won't find a new one much cheaper, and it is definitely worth the extra $50 over your $300 price. Quality/accuracy are right up there with Anschutz, although the 452's trigger out of the box isn't as good as my Anschutz. However, you can spend an extra $6 and get the light trigger spring from Brownell's (replacement is easy) and it will have a fairly good trigger to boot. From the other posts above, you can see the CZ is very respected. I own a 452 in 22 mag and love it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top