JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you in Old Czechoslovakia again, Jimbo? Bratislava... or maybe Kosice...??? o_O
You are pretty savy... Kosice for a colleagues wedding. But stopped in Bratislava for a night and a couple of nights in Brno, CZ before the wedding.

At the moment I am near Ravello on the Amalfi Coast for a few days with my sweetheart. Going to look for a grilled octopus while I am here.

Suffered with a caprese salad, mushroom pasta and vino bianco.

First world problems...

Cheers

20240512_214040.jpg 20240512_220102.jpg

Star date, 5/12/24 ... Petite Sirloin purchased at Winco, $7/pound.

Meat was heavily dosed with Montreal seasoning, and lightly coated with olive oil. Only because I've never tried doing so.

Procedure... Traeger set at 450-degrees, digital thermometer monitored carefully, product removed at 120-degrees internal, then transferred to direct flame.

2-minutes later, the product was removed from the grill and tested. The final results looked good, but on a scale of 1 to 5, I rate this at a 3.9. The meat was a little too-well done for me. We are hyper-critical of ourselves. If I bought this steak in a restaurant, I would have been pleased.

I must continue experimenting with this science.

P1000987.JPG

All this for Mothers Day. Wife is out of town. I must now go to the store and get a Mothers Day card. She'll be home tomorrow.

Last Edited:
In the smoker. Tri-tip roast, beef marrow bones, and chorizo stuffed jalapeños. Jalapeño recipe needs a lot of work. Probable better to halve lengthwise. Better sausage to pepper ratio. The sausage finishes cooking before the pepper is fully tender. Need a way to fix that too.
1715561570713.png

I didn't think it would be noteworthy until I took a bite, then there was no stopping me.
Shhhhhhhh... Good answer, but we can't let that get out... otherwise, no one will post pics...

Oh, wait... o_O

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads