JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1000000305.jpg

I get it now. I had completely forgotten about that scene... :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

Geena Davis and Catherine O'Hara were hawt AF in that...
I think that was the first thing Wifey had seen Winona Ryder in. She's loved her in anything ever since. Gena Davis is a so-so sort of thing for me. Typical beautiful woman, but I'm more of an Emma Stone kinda guy. Easy-A, Zombie Land, Crazy Stupid Love. Yeah. MmmHmm.

I think that was the first thing Wifey had seen Winona Ryder in. She's loved her in anything ever since. Gena Davis is a so-so sort of thing for me. Typical beautiful woman, but I'm more of an Emma Stone kinda guy. Easy-A, Zombie Land, Crazy Stupid Love. Yeah. MmmHmm.
I love me some easy-a...

Oh, wait... :oops:

Not off the grill, per se, but it has been over a year since I last made this. I had a coupla of chiggen titz in the freezer from June, and had to do sump'n with 'em, but just didn't have the drive to brave the wilderness of my backyard and fuss with the grill in this weather. So, it was Chicken Cacciatore tonight!

Preparation: Chicken titz and casalingo (homemade) sauce, penne rigate pasta, and freshly steamed broccoli florets.
Observant readers will note the wooden spoon's origin... ;)

Chicken cacciatore02.1.JPG

Dinner is served: Paired with a Caprese salad and some fresh basil leaves for garnish.
Add an OF (leftover from dinner preparation) and a splash of Cab to wash it all down...

Chicken cacciatore02.2.JPG

En route: Damn, this shiit is good!

Chicken cacciatore02.3.JPG

FYI: Tonight's dinner gun was a casalingo AR-15 pistol with KAK blade, NiB 2-stage EPT, NiB full-auto bolt, BCM ambi charging handle, Strike Industries enhanced bolt catch and pivot/takedown pins, Romeo5 RDS, SureFire X300 45° left O/S WML, and QD sling.
Last I heard, these were still "allowed" to be owned by us peasants...

Last Edited:
Just the one...

FYI, that was the last of a bottle of Waterbrook Cab (from the Walla Walla Valley APA, btw) that was opened for Christmas dinner. It's taken me damned near two weeks to drink what I would normally consume in about 4 or 5 hours. I feel that I'm doin' pretty good in my "reduction to the point of abstention" efforts... :)

Last Edited:
Cruella

Yes, I managed to get out on the patio and fire up the grill for this long weekend...

Presenting... marinated and grilled pork loin, garlic baby red smashed taters garnished w/fresh basil leaves, steamed and buttered mixed veggies, and a Caesar salad w/croutons, all washed down with a couple-3 OFs. Yes, yes, yes, I know about the alcohol and the pre-D diagnosis, but it's a 3-day weekend. I've been managing to get my workouts 5X/week on the treadmill, so y'all just gimme a break...

Pork loins11.JPG

Yes, I managed to get out on the patio and fire up the grill for this long weekend...

Presenting... marinated and grilled pork loin, garlic baby red smashed taters garnished w/fresh basil leaves, steamed and buttered mixed veggies, and a Caesar salad w/croutons, all washed down with a couple-3 OFs. Yes, yes, yes, I know about the alcohol and the pre-D diagnosis, but it's a 3-day weekend. I've been managing to get my workouts 5X/week on the treadmill, so y'all just gimme a break...

View attachment 1347687
Basil is interesting.…

I would have gone standard with chives, but I can see where that would work since you added garlic…

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top