JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can you sell bad brass to a scrapyard or something? If so, do the primers have to be removed first? What about rimfire cases, can you do anything with those?

I always pick up all my cases when I'm done shooting, and am starting to get a small stockpile of brass that either can't be reloaded, or is in a caliber I will never reload. All my shotgun shells, .22, and steel cases just end up in the trash, but if I can get some money by selling some of this stuff to a junkyard, that'd be a little more money in my pocket for more ammo/components.

I throw it in a 25 gallon barrel and when it get full take it in to a scrap yard. I also make sure there are no loaded rounds in it. Primers I dont worry about. Last time about 200 hundred dollars. Prices are based on going scrap prices at the time.

Man I need to start saving the .22 and .17 brass and do that with it. I've been tossing it.

DUH.

RECYCLE.!

I save it all. I'm stockpiling my 12ga for reloading, but the combloc steel and rimfire gets bagged and tossed on a shelf in the garage. Eventually I'll have enough to actually pay for the gas to get it to the scrap yard.

try workin em' in to a project, me and a buddy drilled a bunch of .45's and 22's into a bar we made for his house and it turned out lookin pretty darn cool, they make pretty good incense holders too.

It takes a lot of brass to make much money. less than a buck a pound I think.

So unless you are a scavenger and like to work at making a few bucks it ain't worth the effort. Now to save brass for reloading certainly is worth it and I do it often.

I toss mine on my front steps and driveway with a little red paint and some crime scene tape.....seldom get uninvited visitors that way:s0114:

Honestly A good question, I put mine in the recycle bin.

38 brass makes great blunt tips on wood arrows for stump shooting! Way better than a target tip that will plow into a stump or under the duff.
I should save the rest. Don't even know where I could recycle around here but I do get out to the big towns from time to time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top