JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not asking this to get any praise and other didn't hear any grief from anyone today. There was a fatal accident at mp 29 on Hwy 20 today we live between mp 24 and 25 and saw the fire trucks go past. Details are available online if you Google it. Anyway for 5 and a half hours my wife and I helped redirect traffic the back way. After 3 hours ODOT finally posted someone where we were sending people back to turn off(back towards the Eddyville post office and turn right). After that only about 5 more vehicles made it to us at the accident behind the semis that had to wait. We weren't looking for praise and had nothing else to do. We even had a Lincoln County Sheriff stop and ask where we were sending them and he said okay and went on his way. Would you guys do the same? I know that having a way around is much better than a 5 and a half hour wait. It's more the thought of helping people out who needed it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

:s0155: That was very nice of you to direct traffic for 5 1/2 hrs. - mot people wouldn't. As a police officer (now retired), I would appreciate the help if offered to me. However, I wouldn't expect anyone to help that long, and they should have made arrangements (police, fire, county highway dept., or ODOT) to take over! :s0155:

I have done this several times at my place, either wrecks or power lines/trees blocking the road. Usually doesnt take over an hour to get sherriff, power company to take over. Only thing that I laugh about is the ones that dont believe you and end up turning around somewhere less easily and coming right back.

Like I said after about 3 hours ODOT did a pretty good job. It was just the fact it took so long considering the turn off to bypass it was around 5 miles from the accident. Also there are a couple digital signs that inform trucks that Logsden Road is closed to them that could have been temporarily reset to inform of wreck ahead turn right for detour. It just felt like our duty as fellow human beings. A rare trait in this day and age.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You did the right thing. Americans used to help one another in many ways until the responsibility was taken over by the government.

Years ago while living in NH, on Rte. 3, there was a fire that shut down two major commuter routes with no easy way around. Several people were stuck in there cars in front of my house for hours. I went up and down the road with a water cooler and cups. I was offered money for beer, but didn't do it. Instead, I let them know how far they were from the Cumberland Farms where they could buy there own. It was a hot day in the summer and many of these folks were on there way to the mountains and lakes for the weekend. They had no idea where they were or what to do.

I got many thanks, and people tried to tip me. I just asked they do something nice for someone else that weekend, in return.

You did a good thing, and with any luck, many of those you helped get around that mess have already paid it forward. There's hope for us yet.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top