JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this when I googled 1911 grips on the images section.

I really like this color! And I too have a matte stainless 1911 as well :s0155:

I planned on getting some nice punisher grips but this picture has turned me into a wood man :D

27xfql4.jpg

I can post more pics of the same gun to give different angles as well...

Last Edited:
I don't think its bloodwood gentlemen, there is too much grain. And that would be a very red rosewood (most rosewood I've seen is MUCH darker, this would be a freaky piece of rosewood). I still think its a very red cocobolo. Look on Esmeralda's site, there are several grips that look almost exactly like that and are listed as cocobolo...

hmmm.. I am now thinking cocobolo to.. I found this pic:
Left_side_800.jpg
(hope this works haha)

That pic makes it look alot darker, it must just be the lighting or a photo shoped picture..

Looks like Cocobolo is my grip wood of choice, now just have to find a good place to buy them from.

I would say cocobolo.

Seems not to be nearly Red enough for bloodwood, and, while it is orange enough to be padauk, padauk isn't all that common in grips. Or not that I know of. Padauk also has a coarser and more porous appearance. The grain pattern on your grips also suggests cocobolo.

Cocobolo is a very common grip material, and can run a gamut of shades from very dark red to a very light orange. The orange shade would likely stay that way with a clear film finish like lacquer or varnish.

BTW, I have a set of Esmeralda's grips for my stainless J frame. Exquisite is all I can saw about them. Right up with with Craig Spegels.

Looks like cocobolo to me. I've had lots of 1911 grips that are cocobolo, some are more orange/red, some are more brown/black. Cocobolo is a common wood for grips, because of it's natural resistance to rot and moisture.

I would say cocobolo.

Seems not to be nearly Red enough for bloodwood, and, while it is orange enough to be padauk, padauk isn't all that common in grips. Or not that I know of. Padauk also has a coarser and more porous appearance. The grain pattern on your grips also suggests cocobolo.

Cocobolo is a very common grip material, and can run a gamut of shades from very dark red to a very light orange. The orange shade would likely stay that way with a clear film finish like lacquer or varnish.

BTW, I have a set of Esmeralda's grips for my stainless J frame. Exquisite is all I can saw about them. Right up with with Craig Spegels.

You must work for the forest service... :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads