JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The feeling of isolation can be huge when deployed (even in training). Anything in your hall closet would be helpful; stationary, 3x5 & 5x8 cards, envelopes, q tips, wet wipes, zip lock bags, x2 on jerky, items for a terrain model, paperbacks, Cabela's or tool catalogs, hunting and angling regs, and....cards and letters from home or young school children...

I'm think'n a one-way plane ticket home would be nice...

Edit: Someone commented this could be considered desertion, so let me clarify it. Bring'em all home! F the 'stan! Until then, I'm definitely in for donating if something is officially coordinated.

Last Edited:
What about some Mountain House ?
If you can boil water, it's way better than MRE's.....but what isn't ?

Chili Mac
Lasagna
Beef Stroganoff
Spaghetti

Are some favorites.

Pocket Rocket stove ?

Weapons care products not supplied by Uncle ?

Favorite homemade cookies ?

A Gustav ?

Last Edited:
When my brother was over in Iraq, I know I sent him:

• Jerky.
  • Popcorn.
  • Candy.
  • Hunting magazines and books.
  • Fishing magazines and books.
  • History books that focused on Oregon.
My brother is an avid hunter and angler, and likes local history, so the reading material was a big hit. He also enjoyed the snacks too.

Agreed with most, Jerky is always welcome, any of his favorite food stuffs if it comes n jars, boxes, or cans, books, and magazines, toiletries and sundries really help. Hand cream, lip balm, eye moisturizing drops and moisturizing nasal ointment, cause the sand box is a nasty dry hell on us 'muricans!

I was going to say plane ticket home but that would be considered desertion so here's my list lol candy PORK JERKY LOL deck 's of cards oh don't forget body armor cuz drug addict 's come before body armor here in the "safe"U.S. now we going to get serious HOT SAUCE A1 TABASCO BBQ SAUCE SALT PEPPER NEVER ENOUGH IN A .MRE. WARM SOCKS IN THE WINTER BED SUPPLY 'S PILLOW 'S oh yeah and any thing else they ask for

Well hell man there are enough of us here on this site we could get to gather enough money to get a few home packages and I'm sure there are people on this site that know someone over there all I need to know is where do I send my check I'll put a hundred dollar check in the mail tomorrow if someone tells me where to send it .... lol I'm not going to send it to your house I need a group to get together that will represent NWFA.COM att north west firearms management maybe you guy could set something up so we could donate too if we want

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads