JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To tell the truth I'm surprised know one else has suggested this before but I could be wrong maybe it was last I checked there where thousand 's of members even a dollar from each adds up to a nice big box of stuff for some one on the front lines

I'm serious about this there has got to be something we can do other than just saying thanks to a service members when we see them on the streets here in the homeland the fact is from what I here more are going over there soon might be a good idea to get something going now

It depends. Is he/she on a COP or FOB? If COP, then think of them as being on an extended camping trip. Quality of life stuff like wipes, AA batteries, eye drops, Imodium, vitamins, hard candy, laundry soap packets, clothes pins, socks, underwear, q-tips and mail. If FOB, then mail as they probably have access to just about anything they need or can mail order in pretty quick.

It depends. Is he/she on a COP or FOB? If COP, then think of them as being on an extended camping trip. Quality of life stuff like wipes, AA batteries, eye drops, Imodium, vitamins, hard candy, laundry soap packets, clothes pins, socks, underwear, q-tips and mail. If FOB, then mail as they probably have access to just about anything they need or can mail order in pretty quick.
Not really true but unfortunately not all that stuff is not available all the time some times guys and girls depend on stuff from there family and share it with others in there company or there close friends

Not really true but unfortunately not all that stuff is not available all the time some times guys and girls depend on stuff from there family and share it with others in there company or there close friends
Agreed. I will say I never made it to the 'stan so was just going off Iraq memories. Never know for sure what they have available. But I know some of the larger FOBs have a PX. Some guys were getting packages from Amazon almost daily. Did they close down the Burger Kings? Subways? I know some folks that lived pretty good on the FOBs. Oh heck, I'm probably way out of date by now.

Agreed. I will say I never made it to the 'stan so was just going off Iraq memories. Never know for sure what they have available. But I know some of the larger FOBs have a PX. Some guys were getting packages from Amazon almost daily. Did they close down the Burger Kings? Subways? I know some folks that lived pretty good on the FOBs. Oh heck, I'm probably way out of date by now.
I was stationed at Kandahar Air Base, but never left the secure compound ( a mini FOB inside the air base) We were assigned to but once a month, so every thing had to be brought to us! Even the BX was a once a month deal! While on alert, meals had to be brought to us, no visits to the chow hall, and that got really old really quick! SO.............we relied very heavily on the good will of folks at home to send us care packages of every thing they could think of, and much of it was shared around our barracks, and when we rotated out, we left every thing for the next crew to get them by until the care packages from home started arriving! I can tell you, any thing you send will be much appreciated by all:):):)

Nope not out of date I know guys that love even the smallest package lol a can of chew and some beef jerky and letter lol

Legal junk, PM me :s0155:
OK no reason to pm like I said there's enough guy's and girls on here that we could get to gather and support our troops or member's family that are serving if you want to donate you can if we had a place to donate too should have said help families with home packages if a family is sending a package to a son or daughter every week or once a month this can add up to Lott of money I was just thinking there are lots of us here why can't we help I know there is a huge gap in that thinking with the legal and verify of legit people claiming they need money lol now I'm WAY OVER MY HEAD

Last Edited:
Good books about the USA, adventure something to take their mind off the sandbox and dream about home.

Candy! All kinds, think Halloween!
Letters from their loved ones or kids.
Stuff to relieve the boredom.
When your bored AF it's amazing the stupid things that make all the difference.

Well I'm just saying as I sit here on my A$$ ordering fishing gear on eBay on my smart phone for my vacation next month maybe we should remember there are thousands of guy's and girls that are on the other side of the world sleeping in a plywood shack and rack fighting for the freedom that I have to go fishing think about that next time you cast your line in the water ....mmmmmm bobber down I'm out

I've had success with books, they used to be always popular, but I'm not so sure in the electronic age! :) I've sent airline bottles of booze. Don't do that!!!
Gum, candy, jerky, eye drops, shave cream and razors, sun screen. I pack the box with popcorn (popped), caused by eating the popcorn packing out of my care packages! :D

Oops, forgot packs of BIC lighters and pens!

Damn! Forgot again! An ornament for an upcoming holliday, especially Halloween and Christmas!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads