JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Powdered drink packs that mix with water.
Lol you can get hundreds of these in a small box IMAG1101.jpg

Baby wipes, shaving cream, Copenhagen / Kodiak. I was buying cheap mp3 players and ripping a bunch of music on them and sending them 6 a time so they could share them. Things that do not melt, cheese whiz, taco shells, Spam, canned hot dogs. Sent them some "gentlemens" magazines too. Chocolate chip cookies, cheap digital cameras. We were sending a large flat rate every week when they were in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq had better infrastructure and more things were available, Afghanistan was and still is a complete sh*thole and basic items were in short supply when he first got there.

He really wanted me to send him a burner .45 because those POS 9mm Berettas they had were universally disliked by everybody, and the first guy though the door on house raids had one of those and they said that a haji jacked up on meth could take a full mag in the chest before going down.

Baby wipes, shaving cream, Copenhagen / Kodiak. I was buying cheap mp3 players and ripping a bunch of music on them and sending them 6 a time so they could share them. Things that do not melt, cheese whiz, taco shells, Spam, canned hot dogs. Sent them some "gentlemens" magazines too. Chocolate chip cookies, cheap digital cameras. We were sending a large flat rate every week when they were in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq had better infrastructure and more things were available, Afghanistan was and still is a complete sh*thole and basic items were in short supply when he first got there.

He really wanted me to send him a burner .45 because those POS 9mm Berettas they had were universally disliked by everybody, and the first guy though the door on house raids had one of those and they said that a haji jacked up on meth could take a full mag in the chest before going down.
You are who we need to hear from someone who has some one there or been there

These are all things we take for granted lol basically the thing's we can go down to the local 7/11 AND BUY LOL FROM THE GUY FROM PAKISTAN THAT OWNS THE 7/11 MMMMMM OK LOL WHAT EVER

I have seen guys at store 's buying good pocket knife 's I don't know but I have heard that that is a good thing also a good pocket knife or a pocket clip knife

LOL "a burner 45"

idk just made me chuckle

We were sending chicken of the sea packets (BIL LOVED those things!), socks (lots of pairs of socks), flavored water packets (or the little flavored squeeze bottles), candy (but not chocolate. first time sending that ended up getting there in a gooey mess and was thrown away), those "Cliff" protein bars.

Just about anything sent from "home" was appreciated. Get creative. Heck, I was putting Hot Wheels, a Nerf football, blow up beach balls, the little hula-girl that you put on the dash of your car, funny cards (from the funny card isle at your favorite store), etc. Go to the dollar store and just wander around - I'm sure you'll find stuff to send.

BIL loved getting shipments from me. He never knew what was going to be in it. If he didn't like, he'd offer it to others. He was even started asking for small items (toys, stuffed animals, etc.) so he could give to the local kids (think "bribery" for information ;)).

Heck, go to the local store and ask if you can have "last months" magazines (Car, truck, Guns, ANYTHING) at a huge discount because you're sending them overseas to relatives and friends. You might be surprised at what "falls off the back of a truck".

Really, he appreciated anything and everything. Not just necessities, but have fun with it too.

Well I'm just saying as I sit here on my A$$ ordering fishing gear on eBay on my smart phone for my vacation next month maybe we should remember there are thousands of guy's and girls that are on the other side of the world sleeping in a plywood shack and rack fighting for the freedom that I have to go fishing think about that next time you cast your line in the water ....mmmmmm bobber down I'm out

Given the shipping time - a certain holiday season is coming up - and Any Marine / Any Soldier / Any Airman / Any Sailor boxes are a great way to pay it forward.

I have done that in years past. Get an "If it Fits/It Ships Box" and load it up.
Amazon does a great job shipping to APO/FPO - something that I like to take advantage of.

In looking on line, a number of the wives groups have lists. As does Military.com. Certain things cannot be shipped - out of respect for the host country. No pork for example.

Besides EPS idea of cash, we'd need volunteers to collect and package. Many hands would be helpful.

"Military Care Page" in Amazon's search gives this result:

Amazon.com: military care package

7 Affordable Ideas for Military Care Packages | Military.com

What to Send Someone Who Is Deployed | Military.com

What Deployed Troops Really Want in Their Care Packages

http://www.themilitarywifeandmom.com/awesome-military-care-package-ideas/

Military Care Packages

One thing I have heard multiple times - if you got an in at Taco Bell - lots of their hot sauce packets. Or, maybe the floor of your rig.

Last Edited:
Looking back, good, thick, wool socks are great!!! We liked getting them back in the late '60s and I'm sure the troops go through them at an alarming rate today, too! Some things never change!
Ooooh! I see some send sardines! Great! I got cans of Kippered Snacks and Sauerkraut, loved them. Part of my culinary heritage! ;) We had a ROTCee LT of Jewish ancestry that got incredible stuff from home, canned matzo soup, whole canned chickens and a variety of cool crackers! The rest of us crackers had never even seen most of it before! Guy was a perfect cartoon of an ROTC officer, but he did share his grub, so OK! :)

Last Edited:
Summarizing

Quick protein. Energy bars, tuna fish, sardines, non-perishable beef jerky, or beef summer sausage. Make sure the meat is labeled USDA Beef.

powdered drink mix

Non perishable food stuff which can be shared.

Sunflower seeds were a hit when I was deployed.

Copenhagen (but I don't know if you can send that anymore).

stationary, 3x5 & 5x8 cards, envelopes, q tips, wet wipes, zip lock bags, x2 on jerky, items for a terrain model, paperbacks, Cabela's or tool catalogs, hunting and angling regs,

Gum, candy, jerky, eye drops, shave cream and razors, sun screen.

Oops, forgot packs of BIC lighters and pens!

Baby wipes? Toiletries?

• Jerky.
  • Popcorn.
  • Candy.
  • Hunting magazines and books.
  • Fishing magazines and books.
  • History books that focused on Oregon.

Agreed with most, Jerky is always welcome, any of his favorite food stuffs if it comes n jars, boxes, or cans, books, and magazines, toiletries and sundries really help. Hand cream, lip balm, eye moisturizing drops and moisturizing nasal ointment, cause the sand box is a nasty dry hell on us 'muricans!

HOT SAUCE A1 TABASCO BBQ SAUCE SALT PEPPER NEVER ENOUGH IN A .MRE.

WARM SOCKS IN THE WINTER BED

...and fresh Smartwool socks.

There are companies who will send items if contacted:
including:
Zippo
Dunkin' Donuts
Starkist Tuna
Hershey

I have seen guys at store 's buying good pocket knife 's I don't know but I have heard that that is a good thing also a good pocket knife or a pocket clip knife

I have gone to the semi-annual Kershaw warehouse sale and bought top of the line folders for people in the service! These weren't blems, they were overstocks and ran $50-60 on sale! Very popular!!! :)

Given the shipping time - a certain holiday season is coming up - and Any Marine / Any Soldier / Any Airman / Any Sailor boxes are a great way to pay it forward.

I have done that in years past. Get an "If it Fits/It Ships Box" and load it up.
Amazon does a great job shipping to APO/FPO - something that I like to take advantage of.

In looking on line, a number of the wives groups have lists. As does Military.com. Certain things cannot be shipped - out of respect for the host country. No pork for example.

Besides EPS idea of cash, we'd need volunteers to collect and package. Many hands would be helpful.
Yep I was kinda spit balling it last night I guess it would be a problem trying to get someone to take money and distribute it to family 's on here but your right my friend told me the same thing there are mom groups and wife group 's that I or we could look up and donate to

I have gone to the semi-annual Kershaw warehouse sale and bought top of the line folders for people in the service! These weren't blems, they were overstocks and ran $50-60 on sale! Very popular!!! :)
Yep I know this because a few years ago I was at a knife store in the Tacoma mall probley not there anymore but there was some guy's from Fort Lewis and they where all buying folder knives to take with them to Iraq or Afghanistan I didn't ask I just over heard the conversation with the sales man

I have so many knives I lost count there all over the place around my house lol this kershaw I got at Walmart about 2 months ago for 10 Buck's very sharp very light and a flip blade can open with one finger flip lol IMAG1110.jpg IMAG1109.jpg IMAG1108.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top