JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i'm going to get my first tag this year. I've been hunting before but only tagged along and never on a successful trip. I understand that you have to report your kill if you fill your tag or not. But I read in several places about sending in glands or teeth etc. Is this true for all deer or only certain ones? Only in certain areas? I will be hunting on private land in the coast range. sometimes i glaze over reading the regulations and just need a straight answer. Thanks for any help.

I understand, but is there any requirements to send in body parts teeth etc?
There is no requirement for immediate reporting or for sending in body parts. I think the reporting has to be done by the end of the year or within 30 days after the hunt period ends if I remember correctly (please confirm). You can send in a tooth voluntarily and receive a card in the mail showing the deer's age. I have done it; I thought it was pretty cool to know the age.

if you hunt eastern and pass by Biggs junction they do have a set up there where they take a node from the deers neck close to the head , its all voluntary. They are checking for Chronic Wasting Disease I stop and let them check every year I can .
other then that no sending in parts just go online and report or you get the $25 fine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top