JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But would the man want to admit that to the police??

You read stuff like this a lot. The most common is people with the; "gun just went off...................... ". Often while in someplace public, like the head. All of us who know firearms know the gun did not just spontaneously fire. Most likely the Cop who has to take the report knows full well they are being lied to also. I guess to the person with the red face these stories sound better than just admitting what really happened.

My wife refuses to admit she can get the "senior discount"... pisses her off if they ask...
Hell when I turned old enough I was LOOKING actively for every joint that would offer me that discount and proudly asking for it. I figured it was nothing short of a minor miracle that I lived that long so I wanted my damn discounts!! Wife did take a little coaxing and she finally saw it my way too. Now when we go to some eatery that offers it she proudly say's to the wait staff, "we're getting the senior discount" :s0114:

It's one thing to be referred to as being a "SENIOR"....
...and quite another to be called "ELDERLY";)

High Schools and Colleges have seniors, they don't have elders.
I'm not sure that businesses would get as favorable response if they gave "elderly discounts"

i let my 3 year old hold shotgun shells when he rides with me in my truck :eek:

all he does is sit there and hold them then, we put them back in the cupholder when we get out.

never had a problem. he was raised to not be an imbecile though.:D

OK, this is complete BS. This CANNOT happen. First of all, the .22LR cartridge is composed of a brass case containing a small amount of gunpowder with a lead bullet seated in one end, and a brass base at the other. The base contains a priming compound that when heated or struck hard enough to deform the metal case will ignite the powder. There is NO WAY to deform the brass casing with your hands. You simply can't do it. You have to make a deep dent in the metal case in order to ignite the priming compound as shown in the picture. It would take something like a hammer to do that. Likewise, it takes several hundred degrees of heat to ignite that compound without deforming the case. Your hand simply can't generate 300-400 degrees F.

Even if you could set the cartridge off, without it being in a firearm of some sort the bullet will not go anywhere. The brass casing, being much lighter flies off in one direction while the bullet pretty much stays where it is.

This story is absolute BS. The "victim" is lying about what he was doing at the time. Either he had a gun that he doesn't want to tell the police about, or he was hitting .22LR cartridges with a hammer, or doing something else with them that is equally stupid. You CANNOT set off cartridges with your hands, or by dropping them, or by stepping on them. If you could there would be news stories about this kind of thing every day.

The bullet outweighs the case and the powder. If ignited and nothing is holding the case, the case will leave the vicinity with much more speed than the bullet.
I, too, wonder exactly what happened.

When I was a teen my family went hunting with a friend of my Dad's. The first night there we were standing around the camp fire when we heard a bang and one of the other kids cried out. Turns out whoever had camped there before us had dropped a 22 in the fire pit, and the heat from the fire had ignited the powder. Jimmy, the kid who was shot had been hit by the case which we found. It had cut a perfect circle through his clothes and the first few layers of skin.

Since we hadn't heard about snowflakes in those days, Jimmy who was about twelve, just shook if off in lieu of a safe space and a lifetime of victim trauma and just carried on not even complaining.

Nowhere in the article did it say that he was elderly, and they didn't say that in the newsreel either.

On the other hand, Sgt Dawson with the Eugene police force is a complete idiot when it comes to ammunition handling. But what did we expect from the people that elected "traffic court Floyd" as their representative.

Nowhere in the article did it say that he was elderly, and they didn't say that in the newsreel either.

On the other hand, Sgt Dawson with the Eugene police force is a complete idiot when it comes to ammunition handling. But what did we expect from the people that elected "traffic court Floyd" as their representative.

"This is what happens when people handle ammunition and they shouldn't be. This is part of the reason they tell parents to keep ammunition out of the hands of kids, 'cause things can happen," said Sgt. Dale Dawson from the Eugene Police Department.​

"This is what happens when people handle ammunition and they shouldn't be.
No this is what happens when when morons do something really stupid and get hurt. I could be WAY off but I suspect this guy MIGHT be some sort of anti gun Eugene 'old hippy' trying to render the round inert with a hammer or rock. Why however LEOs (or other public officials) always make some kind of really ignorant (and intellect insulting) statement like this is beyond me.

Last Edited:
No this is what happens when when morons do something really stupid and get hurt. I could be WAY off but I suspect this guy MIGHT be some sort of anti gun Eugene 'old hippy' trying to render the round inert with a hammer or rock. Why however LEOs always make some kind of really ignorant (and intellect insulting) statement like this is beyond me.

Maybe he was trying to turn an object of death and destruction into a piece of art, like a bong, for example :rolleyes:

Complete BS.

Now if he had spontaneously combusted and the round went off. That would be believable.

Many of the the Hillary voters are saying " you see, I told you so" . Idiots.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads