JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a buddy in high school that hit a 22LR bullet with a hammer and shot himself in the penis :eek::eek:... That was just one of many things he did... o_Oo_O

No mention of an injured hand .... so, the idiot probably threw it on the road or put it on the road for a car to run it over and it went off and weakly hit his cheek.

Numbdick probably simply doesn't want to admit to his dumb-assery,
so he's making up something so Mrs. Numbdick doesn't hide his beer.

Bullets and guns for that matter just don't off while you are simply holding one in your hands.
How many of us have walked around with ammo in our hands or pockets and had it go "BOOM?"
Seems like there is more to story here...
Andy

What a load of crap. Either the guy was doing something embarrassingly stupid and made this story up to hide it, or they're SERIOUSLY overstating the "wound". Without a barrel to direct the pressure and accelerate the bullet, it's not going to do anything to anyone's cheek.

Last Edited:
Actually. When I was about 11-12 the neighbor kid and I chopped a .22LR shell in half with a grub hoe. One end of it went about 1/2" into a Doug fir tree about 3ft away the other end bounced off the left rear tire of his dads pickup. so it is very possible for a .22LR round to travel in a straight line hard enough to hit someone in the face without a firearm involved of course in our case it did require a rock and a grub hoe.

The only possible way I can see this story happening is if the guy either used some sort of tool (like pliers or vise grips) to set off the primer or if he threw it on the ground and that one in a million chance it would hit just right to compress the primer in the rim then ignited the powder.

But its sure not a cautionary story about handling ammo. Its just another bizarre story out of Eugene.

I've held thousands of rounds in my hands and never had one go off.

Something is missing from this story.

When I was about 6 years old, I took some .45 ACP cartridges and chopped them in half with a hatchet to get the gunpowder to make fireworks. Nothing happened.

I've held thousands of rounds in my hands and never had one go off.

Something is missing from this story.

When I was about 6 years old, I took some .45 ACP cartridges and chopped them in half with a hatchet to get the gunpowder to make fireworks. Nothing happened.

Not even afterwards? No juvenile mischief?! o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top