JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was having a discussing with a gun control advocate Tuesday night (I was discussing, she was arguing and yelling). I continually showed her data that disproved every "fact" she knew. I even showed her the news outlet rating websites which told her that her sources were as dishonest and biased as the outlets she abhors. In the end, she didn't care about facts and data even when looking them directly in the face. Given her unwillingness to look at logic and the hot pink yoga pants she was wearing, I chose to forego the battle to win the war

The book is called, "How to have impossible conversations."

A tldr, though, is that you'll never win this argument with data. Ever. Figure out why she thinks the way she does on an emotional level. Really understand it. Then counter it with an emotional story of your own that forces her own rules into a does not compute moment.

Takes some practice, at least if you're like me (INTJ on the Meyers. So I'm an bubblegum :D)

I was having a discussing with a gun control advocate Tuesday night (I was discussing, she was arguing and yelling). I continually showed her data that disproved every "fact" she knew. I even showed her the news outlet rating websites which told her that her sources were as dishonest and biased as the outlets she abhors. In the end, she didn't care about facts and data even when looking them directly in the face. Given her unwillingness to look at logic and the hot pink yoga pants she was wearing, I chose to forego the battle to win the war
This is almost always the case. People who in this day listen too, then repeat the anti rights propaganda want it to be true. That is exactly why the normal response is anger when they are shown facts. They do not want facts, they want someone to tell them what they want to hear. The people pushing the laws of course know they are feeding propaganda and figure it works so why not.

I let my hormones override my brain when I was young
For unnecessary transparency, much of what I'm saying is in jest. In my younger days, I was driven by different motivations. Now, older and wiser, I try to adhere more to my morals, values, and beliefs which leads to a much quieter lifestyle (that I'm happier with)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top