JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Y'all We just watched Season 3 of 'Fauda' on Netflix. Several members of the Israeli undercover team used a very small automatic weapon that I haven't seen before. It was considerably smaller than the superb Tavor. Their usual in-the-pants sidearm is a Glock but this one is a mystery to me. Can anyone identify it?

99FE4098-F340-4045-A63C-8AF124FF3E51.jpeg
This one? It's an uzi with fancy accessories

That must be a more recent model of UZI than those with which I'm familiar. The 'old' UZI was a heavy little doorstop and not terribly accurate. This one looks like a pistol with a hand grip and skeletonized stock. I really want a Tavor but I'd take one of these. .......and an open shooting range!

The standard Israeli weapon was the M16. They have a bazillion of them. They're slowly being phased out and replaced by Tavor bullpups, a far superior and almost maintenance-free. rifle. Most are equipped with Meprolite sights. My wife already read my mind and said no!

A bit more about the Tavor. Before they stopped doing civilian trainings, I was fortunate to be able to take a 'Tavor Operators' training at Blackwater (now called Academi) way out in the woods in North Carolina. It was a two day course and we shot a ton (close to 1000 rounds) of ammo. The targets were only at 100 yards so I couldn't get a real feel if it was more or less accurate than my AR/M4 carbine. From an ergonomic standpoint, it was hugely better and without a lot of stock risers and extenders, it just fitted right up to my body. I also found that target acquisition was almost instantaneous. The Tavor is almost entirely ambidextrous too. After taking the obligatory classroom familiarization, we went to the range. Before shooting, I automatically went for my cleaning kit. The instructor was adamant that they didn't clean Tavors! During a break, I surrepticiously sent a patch down the barrel and it came out looking like tar! The rifle didn't skip a beat during the entire course, even though I fed it a mix of new and reloaded, good and bad ammo. I was impressed! Of course, it's not really fair to compare it with the generations-older M16/M4 rifles. No? Anyone have experiences with other bullpups? Before this, I didn't like the whole concept but now.......

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top