JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found these rounds in an old military crate my grandpa had but I have no idea what it is… marked 351 90 and has a black tip no projectile unless if it is filled with lead bbs like bird shot or snake shot. I have compared these rounds to every rifle he has given us but none of them quite look the same and none of them will chamber the round. Please tell me what it is

image.jpg image.jpg

I found these rounds in an old military crate my grandpa had but I have no idea what it is… marked 351 90 and has a black tip no projectile unless if it is filled with lead bbs like bird shot or snake shot. I have compared these rounds to every rifle he has given us but none of them quite look the same and none of them will chamber the round. Please tell me what it is

View attachment 1421609 View attachment 1421610
Looks like 7.62 x 39mm blank ammunition.
Andy
This ☝☝☝

View attachment 1421609 View attachment 1421610
If it was in grandpa's kit it's not 7.62x39. My guess would be 8mm Lebel.

If grandpa was born in 1943, he'd be 80 this year. The 7.62x39 has existed every year of his life, and was present in Korea, Vietnam, and various desert scuffles. Seems like there's a chance gramps laid his hands on some.

Last Edited:
If grandpa was born in 1943, he'd be 80 this year. The 7.62x39 has existed every year of his life, and was present in Korea, Vietnam, and various desert scuffles. Seems like there's a chance gramps laud his hands on some.
That is well understood and presumptuous on my part. My grandparents are of an earlier generation. Still, despite it's early existence how prevalent were they in the US when your grandfather was collecting cases of relic training ammunition?

Well.

Winchester did make the 351 Self loader.

Sold mine years ago and can't think of any reason blanks would ever have been made.

The "90" wrecks my theory

I have a 50 cal size ammo can full of those somewhere around here, except mine are Yugoslavian, I think. A friend has an AK pistol, and picked up an AK BFA at a gun show. Wow, talk about a loud boom and fireball! Amazingly loud blanks, fun to shoot with a BFA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top