JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Y'all We just watched Season 3 of 'Fauda' on Netflix. Several members of the Israeli undercover team used a very small automatic weapon that I haven't seen before. It was considerably smaller than the superb Tavor. Their usual in-the-pants sidearm is a Glock but this one is a mystery to me. Can anyone identify it?

99FE4098-F340-4045-A63C-8AF124FF3E51.jpeg
This one? It's an uzi with fancy accessories

That must be a more recent model of UZI than those with which I'm familiar. The 'old' UZI was a heavy little doorstop and not terribly accurate. This one looks like a pistol with a hand grip and skeletonized stock. I really want a Tavor but I'd take one of these. .......and an open shooting range!

The standard Israeli weapon was the M16. They have a bazillion of them. They're slowly being phased out and replaced by Tavor bullpups, a far superior and almost maintenance-free. rifle. Most are equipped with Meprolite sights. My wife already read my mind and said no!

A bit more about the Tavor. Before they stopped doing civilian trainings, I was fortunate to be able to take a 'Tavor Operators' training at Blackwater (now called Academi) way out in the woods in North Carolina. It was a two day course and we shot a ton (close to 1000 rounds) of ammo. The targets were only at 100 yards so I couldn't get a real feel if it was more or less accurate than my AR/M4 carbine. From an ergonomic standpoint, it was hugely better and without a lot of stock risers and extenders, it just fitted right up to my body. I also found that target acquisition was almost instantaneous. The Tavor is almost entirely ambidextrous too. After taking the obligatory classroom familiarization, we went to the range. Before shooting, I automatically went for my cleaning kit. The instructor was adamant that they didn't clean Tavors! During a break, I surrepticiously sent a patch down the barrel and it came out looking like tar! The rifle didn't skip a beat during the entire course, even though I fed it a mix of new and reloaded, good and bad ammo. I was impressed! Of course, it's not really fair to compare it with the generations-older M16/M4 rifles. No? Anyone have experiences with other bullpups? Before this, I didn't like the whole concept but now.......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top