JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked these up at a junk sale just to put on here To see if anyone knows what happened to them. Yea I wasted 1.00 but o well

0965E874-6C8B-4D42-A565-95B3C8C5282E.jpeg AEE7863B-FA41-4074-A7BD-AF8D0D2D2E84.jpeg

They are cast mold form rounds, that's why they have those points and some deformation. It's just excess from the lead casting for the bullet tips that was never trimmed off.

They are cast mold form rounds, that's why they have those points and some deformation. It's just excess from the lead casting for the bullet tips that was never trimmed off.
This right here….

Those "nipples" are casting sprues, and a couple look like the lead seeped through the seams of the mold pattern. Just put 'em in a drill chuck and use a fine file to gently turn them down to where you want them.

Unfinished bullets, probably sold as factory seconds. I used to buy things like this from Sierra back when they were priced right. They appear to have sat around for a long time. Once you get the tips cleaned up, you might also clean off the oxidation from the jacket material. By tumbling or using mild phosphoric acid or poss. even kitchen detergent. I don't like to fire gritty bullets down gun barrels.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top