JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm working threw what round I want to stock up a bit with.
Right now I have some Hornaday frontier 75g that was ok in my 16". -3/4" with a quality optic at 100y. But I'm looking for other options or weights.
I'll be buying. 1k or so. Prices are what they are. But I really don't want to spend 3k on ammo to sit.
Weight- 68,75,77? Which one and loaded by whom? It will be suppressed and with a RDS with a 3x. I know it won't be 1/2" at 100 but it will me minute of dude +-400 if I do my job. That's all this gun and ammo combo is for. The rest of the time it will be m193.

So my question is this. What is your GO 2 FACTORY ROUND?

Thanks

I'm working threw what round I want to stock up a bit with.
Right now I have some Hornaday frontier 75g that was ok in my 16". -3/4" with a quality optic at 100y. But I'm looking for other options or weights.
I'll be buying. 1k or so. Prices are what they are. But I really don't want to spend 3k on ammo to sit.
Weight- 68,75,77? Which one and loaded by whom? It will be suppressed and with a RDS with a 3x. I know it won't be 1/2" at 100 but it will me minute of dude +-400 if I do my job. That's all this gun and ammo combo is for. The rest of the time it will be m193.

So my question is this. What is your GO 2 FACTORY ROUND?

Thanks
I make mostly 77gr, but have some 69 and 75 available in short supply.

Not made for that short of barrel, but can send you some samples to test.

Have got some national known shooters and trainers using it.

If interested, PM me and I'll get some headed your way this coming week.

Screenshot_20221108-155936_Instagram.jpg

http://highdesertcartridge.com

CG, I was going to come over that way a while back. Never got the time off. I need to get over that way to do some training w you.
Shoot me a pm with some info on what you are thinking.

Way too many variables in your question.
You have to find what works in each rifle.

My dead nuts 77grain from a 20 inch barrel
never is the same in a 16 inch barrel.

But have a dead nuts load for that 16.

If you don't reload, plan on spending a lot
chasing down this unicorn.

All my short loads are nothing close to full loads.

I have ran into that exact problem in the past with many of my rifles. My rem m7 7-08 loved 150g Barnes. My wife's savage loved 140g nosler. With only 9.25ipt vs 9.5ipt. Not much but enough.
A unicorn load is expensive. But worth it to hit what you need to with authority and stopping capacity

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top