JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have heard nothing good about the Tommy built tactical clones in terms or reliability so that's a no go.
That's weird - the only issues I've heard about TommyBuilt guns are when people try to do DIY builds on his receivers - some fitment may be required. Everything I've heard about the guns he builds / converts and the customer service of his shop has been solidly positive. Can you provide some examples? I'm about to pull the trigger on a couple of his guns, so if there's something off about them I would appreciate the info.

That's weird - the only issues I've heard about TommyBuilt guns are when people try to do DIY builds on his receivers - some fitment may be required. Everything I've heard about the guns he builds / converts and the customer service of his shop has been solidly positive. Can you provide some examples? I'm about to pull the trigger on a couple of his guns, so if there's something off about them I would appreciate the info.
My suggestion would to research the hell out of it. I can say for me I would not buy one. If you buy one I would plan on running only green tip 62 grain 556 and nothing else. I can only speak to g36 variants (because that's the only one I researched in rabbit-hole depth) but almost all first hand reviews I've heard have malfunctions. Even people that love them and are total fanboys have malfunctions and in some cases very often.

Also the number of returns to Tommy built to fix issues and in some cases multiple returns is extremely high (IMO) relative to other mainstream guns. I can't remember all the authors of the reports I've read or watched unfortunately other than Garand thumb but I spent a lot of time researching it on internet (including hkpro) and videos.

It seems to me that any roller delay weapon if it's made by Hk it's pretty darn good. If it's made by someone else then you really need to research whether it will be reliable. My 2 cents from tons of research and zero in the hand time with Tommy built.

Edit: I remembered honest outlaw one:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews