Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

what rifle meets this criteria.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by iwantaspringfield94, Mar 16, 2011.

1. iwantaspringfield94

iwantaspringfield94 Albany oregon! New Member

ok so i want a rifle for deer and other big game hunting that is all weather with open sights, and one that's decently cheap. so basicly i want to know if anyone makes a rife in big caliber like a 30-06 or other with a stain-less steal barrel, synthetic stock, and open sights? if you could suggest some good guns that meets these requirements let me know thanks.

2. nubus

nubus Guest

A price you're willing to spend might help.
    Decently cheap means lots of things to lots of people.
    A stainless steel barrel rules out lots of guns that could be well under $300.00.
    A Ruger or an older Remington are probably your best bet.
    That stainless barrel will easily push you into the $400.00 and up range.
    As long as you don't store it outside or on a boat blued should work just fine.

3. orygunguy

orygunguy Lafayette, OR New Member

Personally, I would look for a Savage in the caliber of your choice. I think they deliver the best bang for the buck (pun intended). It's hard to beat them for "off the shelf" accuracy and since the advent of their "accu-trigger", they really have no downside.

4. iwantaspringfield94

iwantaspringfield94 Albany oregon! New Member

ya thanks guys. i was talking below the 700 dollar mark.

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

^This...

6. Shooter98

Shooter98 McMinnville, Or. Member

Savage doesn't offer a rifle with open sights anymore that I know of BUT you can get one of their package rifles at Bi-Mart for $359. A steal of a price if you ask me.

7. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

I think you are correct sir...

Then get yourself a Mosin Nagant...can always get an upgraded stock for it as well.

8. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well--you didn't specify action type, and you are in Western Opegon where shots can be up close---so how about a lever gun? Marlin makes quite a few in stainless.