JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The Saturday night shooting in Portland, Oregon, that left one woman dead and five people injured started with a confrontation between an armed homeowner and armed protesters
My only question is why were these 'protestors' in this area of Portland, protesting something that happened in Minneapolis, MN, AND doing so after dark at 8PM on a Saturday night?

I'm thinking drunk/drugged, possibly fired up from a 'antifa' party and they took their idiocy to the streets and a POd 'homeowner' got involved and well, one of the 'protestors' got killed and others wounded ?

I have no compassion for these idiots who are possibly nothing more than groupthink 'camp followers' who are most likely following 'blindly' and are essentially beyond all rational thinking, and well, if you put yourself in a potentially threatening situation then you had better expect the worst to possibly happen.

I wonder if people are just so sick of the same tired nonsense that rounds from the rooftops are going to be the new response.

I sincerely wasn't trying for alliteration just now.
Push, and push, and push, sooner or later some hit back. The part I LOVE is when the "we hate all Cops" people get in trouble and SCREAM for the Cops to arrest the other person.
Some places in Seattle some of the derelict RV's the city claims they can do nothing about are catching fire. Now some may be the drug addled morons living in them. Some "may be" people who just get tired of it and set the trash on fire.

This is what really happened:

1_iQG9Jy0oQe_jSBcPYq7NKg.png

Push, and push, and push, sooner or later some hit back. The part I LOVE is when the "we hate all Cops" people get in trouble and SCREAM for the Cops to arrest the other person.
Some places in Seattle some of the derelict RV's the city claims they can do nothing about are catching fire. Now some may be the drug addled morons living in them. Some "may be" people who just get tired of it and set the trash on fire.
yells-cops-blm.jpg

-Robert

Just read that the Portland police spoke on this. Seems the antifa folks took on a biker gang. And lost. During the presentation, two antifa took over the podium to rant how it is all the polices' fault as they should have been there to protect them.

You can't make this stuff!

Just read that the Portland police spoke on this. Seems the antifa folks took on a biker gang. And lost. During the presentation, two antifa took over the podium to rant how it is all the polices' fault as they should have been there to protect them.

You can't make this stuff!
So the pantifa boys ran into some hombre's who were not impressed by the "I live in Moms basement" boys telling them how tough they are huh? Sounds like fun.

My only question is why were these 'protestors' in this area of Portland, protesting something that happened in Minneapolis, MN, AND doing so after dark at 8PM on a Saturday night?

I'm thinking drunk/drugged, possibly fired up from a 'antifa' party and they took their idiocy to the streets and a POd 'homeowner' got involved and well, one of the 'protestors' got killed and others wounded ?
That's their MO. If you look at their social media posts announcing these gatherings, they usually say something like "Meet at 6, march at 9." They spend a couple hours drinking (and who knows what else) and getting fired up, and then head out to break windows or set something on fire. Their "marches" usually have a targeted destination: the Justice Center, the Police Association Building, the ICE facility, a police precinct, whatever's in the neighborhood of the park they choose to meet in.

Looks like somebody nipped this one in the bud.

Check out this video down a bit on the page. at the 4:05 mark the protestors take over the police briefing. These people are bonkers.

It's down a bit on the page look for the video that looks like this:
CFB3B386-0332-4209-8ABE-FF0A2D9AFA6B.jpeg

Last Edited:
"It was fire, fire, fire, like they had six to eight in their chamber of gun and just finished that off," said one woman who lives nearby.

Regardless of what happened or who was at fault I am a firm believer that people (like this woman) who obviously know little about firearms should not speak authoritatively about firearms...

On a side note: I kind of want to see a gun that can chamber 8 rounds simultaneously :eek:

From the information about this incident that I've discovered (if the info is factual)...

The person described as 'the neighbor' was packing a .45 ACP pistol.

It appears that he confronted the group, and an argument ensued. Witnesses from the group stated that he fired upon the group, and a member of the group subsequently returned fire with a rifle; striking 'the neighbor'.

What is unclear, is whether the individual with the rifle pointed it at 'the neighbor' before 'the neighbor' commenced firing.

Now here's what I've discerned...

#1 My advice would be to entirely avoid unnecessarily doing so, but if one is opting to intentionally insert oneself into a potential hostile situation -- Do some initial reconnaissance to identify and assess potential threats -- IE. visibly armed combatants. What are they armed with?

#2 If they are armed with long guns. Don't bring a pistol to a rifle fight. Some LVL 4 ceramics might be a good idea too.

PS: "Cupcake" is my term of endearment. :rolleyes:
That's my safe word!
rounds from the rooftops
Sounds like it ought to be a song right there!

Check out this video down a bit on the page. at the 4:05 mark the protestors take over the police briefing. These people are bonkers.
Just another day in PDX. Bunch of white people calling a black cop a white supremacist.

Has it been noted whether any of those firearms were or were not legally owned/possessed? Probably better write up some more laws quick like.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top