JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought of just making a poll but thought id just ask.
I am old school tech guy, from way back as in BBS and 1200baud dial ups
and earlier. Also was a security software consultant for decades. Anyways I know allot about how everything works. But the internet is a fickle mistress and why others may use one thing. Some use another. ( excluding Mac and smartphones simply looking at PC) So what Browser do you use and why?

I have always liked Firefox and Cyberfox for browsing and the attachments seem better and more control over security and script and malware blocks.
But on NWFA I find Firefox more stable then Chrome but slower then Chrome. Should be noted Cyberfox may be on the chopping block soon.

Chrome, in wake of the dark web reporting the amount of up for sale Google information, I have really steered away from Chrome except for some specific items and duties. Recently it appears undocumented algorithms were changed by Chrome( Google) bringing up even more concerns.

Notes
Opera and others fair well but appear slower and not as diverse as the big two.
So rather then just write a book what do you use and why?

As well one can use a VPN service to help block allot of information, but is also what the algorithms and their change may be addressing to by pass the VPN setting limits.

Chrome here.
It's quick. That's most of it, right there.
I like the speed dialer (copied from Opera).
I also run uBlock.....makes a huge speed difference when those video side bar ads (and all ads) are killed.

Just say no to Adblock.
It's been proven that they intentionally let some ads through.
Payola.

On the PC I use Brave. With duck duck go or start page for search. No frills adblocking, anti tracking and fast.
On the phone I use Klar with duck duck go. Use F-droid for apps. Basic browser that erases when you close.
I have erased and disabled almost all google on the android phone. No social media except a few forums.
Proton VPN or private internet access VPN. Been looking into ESET for antivirus.

Last Edited:
I generally prefer Firefox but it depends what I'm doing and where I'm going. I use private browsing/incognito mode for anything that needs javascript and needs to be secure. For sites that may not be on the "light" side of the internet then its Tor Browser.

[SNIP]

I have always liked Firefox and Cyberfox for browsing and the attachments seem better and more control over security and script and malware blocks.
But on NWFA I find Firefox more stable then Chrome but slower then Chrome. Should be noted Cyberfox may be on the chopping block soon.

Chrome, in wake of the dark web reporting the amount of up for sale Google information, I have really steered away from Chrome except for some specific items and duties. Recently it appears undocumented algorithms were changed by Chrome( Google) bringing up even more concerns.
Double [SNIP]
I switch back and forth between Firefox and Slimjet. If you like Chrome but have privacy concerns, you might try Slimjet. Its faster than either Chrome or FF.
ETA The link - Fastest web browser that blocks all ads and protects your privacy - Slimjet

Instapundit » Blog Archive » PRIVACY: Google data collection research. A dormant, stationary Android phone (with the Chrome br…

"A dormant, stationary Android phone (with the Chrome browser active in the background) communicated location information to Google 340 times during a 24-hour period, or at an average of 14 data communications per hour. In fact, location information constituted 35 percent of all the data samples sent to Google."

This URL has a link to the report and more details. Same one provided in above pull quote link.
Google data collection research - Digital Content Next

DC Dirty Laundry - Mozilla / Firefox goes all in for evil … pushes corporate news collusion to silence independent media

Excerpt: Mozilla has joined the dark side. They're jumping in bed with pure evil, pushing an "Information Trust Initiative" that would block independent media sources at the browser level while favoring corporate media giants like CNN.
via Ol' Remus

Mozilla / Firefox goes all in for EVIL… pushes corporate news collusion to silence independent media - DC Dirty Laundry

Instapundit » Blog Archive » PRIVACY: Google data collection research. A dormant, stationary Android phone (with the Chrome br…

"A dormant, stationary Android phone (with the Chrome browser active in the background) communicated location information to Google 340 times during a 24-hour period, or at an average of 14 data communications per hour. In fact, location information constituted 35 percent of all the data samples sent to Google."

This URL has a link to the report and more details. Same one provided in above pull quote link.
Google data collection research - Digital Content Next

One of the major reason to get away from MS, giggle & all the data whores.:mad:

Last Edited:
Have used FF ever since Vista came out. The first machine I tried with that OS was such a disaster I was going to try Linux and it was using FF. Gave up on the Linux and found the way to make Vista work but stuck with FF. Have Chrome but only use it if for some reason I have to. Wife still insists on using IE. Of course constantly has problems. Every time it gets so bad she asks me for help its a matter of using FF instead of the worst browser in history. Then she goes right back to using IE. I have to guess she enjoys all the frustration. :)

Had a thought driving home yesterday from the range. Google is imposing the revisionist history described by Orwell in 1984 - the Ministry of Truth.

As they control all the content - and can change what is stored - even on the fly - they are the new order.

More revisionist history - on the web

Christine Ford is the one making accusations, so of course, "they" have to clean up her past.

On Monday Sept. 17th, Christine Blasey Ford's high school yearbooks suddenly disappeared from the web. I read them days before, knew they would be scrubbed, and saved them. Why did I know they would be scrubbed? Because if roles were reversed, and Christine Blasey Ford had been nominated for the Supreme Court by President Trump, the headline by the resistance would be this:

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD AND THE DRUNKEN WHITE PRIVILEGED RACIST PLAYGIRLS OF HOLTON-ARMS.

CULT OF THE 1ST AMENDMENT: WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD'S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity

Is this in the WayBack Machine? Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads