JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased two Browning X-Bolt rifles (Stalker and Hell's Canyon Speed), both in .308 Win. So far I shot both regular and match-grade ammo. Regular ammo that I shot was Federal 158gr and match-grade Winchester 158gr. Both ammo was accurate, but I could not load magazines in my rifles with the match-grade ammo. Winchester match-grade ammo is just about 1-2mm too long. Is this the case with all match-grade .308 ammo, or just with the one that I purchased? I knew that this particular Winchester brand was not going to fit semi-auto magazines (the reason for some negative reviews about the ammo), but I was not expecting this to be the case with a magazine from a bolt-action hunting rifle. It is not that of a big deal for me since I do not mind feeding rounds manually, but I would still like to be able to buy match-grade ammo and be able to load magazines with them. Can anyone give me some input? I would highly appreciate it.

Cheers to Beers and All My Peers,

Dan

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews