JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's the difference between large rifle and large rifle match primers?

I have a line on some Fed large rifle gold medal match primers. GM 210 M. Can I use these for hunting loads, how about for 300 WSM?

You can use them for hunting loads and for 300 WSM.
The only reason you wouldn't buy them is that standard large rifle primers are cheaper.
If that's what / all you can find, nab and use them.

I use them, and many flavors of LR primers. Switching from one brand to another can change the harmonics of your load and thus how it shoots.
IMO, it's just another rabbit hole, and if people think they shoot better with them, that's awesome for them.

OP, I understand your dilemma with needing primers because these are all that's around, are you ready to do some experiments?
Good luck to you.

Tis the main reason I only use CCI primers anymore, I've found my proven (best for me) loads and am not wanting to do any more experimenting just shooting.

Match primers like match bullets or cases, are simply held to somewhat tighter manufacturing and performance tolerances. There may be some standard primers which work as well - even better in some rare cases - than a given match primer. But, how ya gonna know? "Match" generally means "consistent." Can't go wrong with them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top