JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My dad gave this to me years ago and I have no idea what it is specifically other then a .22 cal old rifle. I might take the time to restore it... if it's worth it.
oldgun006.jpg
oldgun007.jpg
oldgun002.jpg
oldgun004.jpg
oldgun003.jpg
Can anyone help me figure out what this is?

What does it say farther up the barrel?

Never seen a modern firearm that wasn't maked with the makers name.

the action looks very much like a Winchester model 121 in fact after looking at mine I would say it has to be a Winchester model 121. And should say that on the barrel just past the rear sight.

The model 121 was not serial numbered. But clearly says Winchester model --121-- on the barrel.

The stock is extremely similar except for the angled forestock tip.

I have the same gun, Winchester M121. I bought mine here on this forum in near perfect condition for $80. They usually go for a bit more and can reach up into the $200 range if you find the right buyer.

Thank you two, so much for the help. I ended up cleaning up the barrel with a baking powder recipe for polishing the rust off and it looks nice now. I found more info farther down the barrel. I can not believe I did not catch it before hand. By the pic it looks like it is a "Model 1" by Sears Roebuck... is that correct?
iPhonepic.jpg

I have the same rifle. It does not look like much and the trigger sucks but it shoots pretty good. The way the bolt strips rounds of the mag like a controlled feed is pretty cool too.
Have fun with it and if you find a source of mags i would be interested.

There are very few for sale on-line. What do you guys think its worth private sale? My buddy was kind of dancing around about wanting to buy it from me. We are going to go shoot it first, it has'nt been shot in years. If he is not interested I can just post it in the classifieds section of these forums... correct?

"My dad gave this to me years ago....",

and

"What do you guys think its worth private sale?"

are mutually exclusive terms.

When your father is not with you anymore, for the rest of your life you will regret selling the gun.

Keep it in good condition.

Or sell it to me, and leave my number with your kids. When they find out that they would like something your father gave you but sold they can call me.

My Father died 2 weeks after his 52nd birthday and I buried him the day before my 30th. Dad didn't leave much at all. He hit some hard times and died on my couch. He had a small closet and a duffel bag. The only firearm was his father's .38S&W. He died in 2008. A while back, I was talking with my uncle that moved to Iowa in 2010. I was going over guns and he said "Y'know, your dad sold me a 30-30 and you traded me your single shot Ithaca Model 49 about 20 years ago and I then sold them to my buddy still in Portland." Dad left me $108, a pistol, his old clothes and a beat up Dodge truck when he died in September of '08. Recovering those 2 rifles in February of '12 was something that I thought would never happen. The Ithaca was the gun given to me(my first) on my 7th birthday. How I traded that away in my teens without someone slapping me silly, I will never know. I cried many times when I first had them in my possession and I am welling up with tears as I type this. You have a $100 rifle there. Please consider a couple years from now when you think of selling. What will you leave your children? Will they sell it? Are you OK with that? These are questions for you to ask yourself. No need to respond to me. I hope you make the right decision and I hope you do not regret it later. I hope that my experience can provide some insight into yours. Kip.

You guys opened my eyes up to how important this rifle could be to me in the future. I am definitly not willing to trade that for the small amount of money the gun is worth. I really appreseate the words of encouragement and personal stories. I am going to take it out this weekend and then take very good care of it afterwards. You guys rock! thank you for making my first post on NWFA a success.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top