Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

what is your favorite Energy Drink??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bajablast, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

For those of us who don't drink coffee(I know, I know, I live in the NW--Coffee Central), which energy drink do you like, and why??

I like Red Bull, Monster Absolute Zero, Monster Khaos, and Rockstar Punched.

I used to drink AMP & Venom, but since they use High Fructose Corn Syrup, I gave them up. I will drink the sugar free versions if nothing else is available.

Red Bull uses Glucose, and the sugar free Monster Absolute Zero has Sucralose in it instead of Nutrasweet.

As for Rockstar Punched, I love the taste, and Monster Khaos is 50% juice and tastes good too.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

2. rockstardrnkr

rockstardrnkr Vancouver Active Member

Red bull, Monster, Monster java, rockstar, and rockstar roasted. they seem to be the only good ones. the others seem to give me a sugar drunk feeling,

3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

None. I also don't drink coffee.

I prefer bourbon.

drew, ZA_Survivalist, Kevatc and 9 others like this.
  4. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Coors Light

5. mrsafeway

mrsafeway Auburn Member

Full throttle, the dark horse. Tastes good. Some people might not like it, but the citrusy taste is gewd.

6. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I seem to be addicted to the original Rockstar drink. It really does not "do" anything for me, I just think it's YUMMY!

7. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Green tea.

8. clubba

clubba Portland New Member

5hr Energy Extra Strength

9. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Whatever cheapest...

10. Confederate Hammer

Confederate Hammer Virginia (since January 1978). New Member

While not an actual "energy drink", I perk up an entire pot (coffee pot sized) of Earl Grey Tea.
    I generally drink the whole pot, that way I'm hydrated, caffeined, and ready to do what I need to do for the day (unfortunately, I sometimes do this at night, so I'm wide awake and trying to go to sleep).

One the other side of that, I'm one of those men in which caffeine acts as a sedative, so I have no problem sleeping :).

11. Confederate Hammer

Confederate Hammer Virginia (since January 1978). New Member

A good Kentucky Bourbon is a fine drink, and not to put your Bourbon down, but I prefer Glenmorangie Port Wood Single Malt Scotch, or their 10 year old Original.

12. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

sobenofear.jpg

Sobe No Fear
    The red kind.

I've tried them all and It's the only energy drink that I stand the taste of. The fact that it tastes good is just a bonus.

13. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

You did not give the option of "None"

Lots of people assume we need caffiene/ sugar ro survive.
    I have nothing against people drinking them.
    Except the ones that are all bug eyed and fidgety from not having their fix.

Don;t drink coffee, No energy drinks, a little tea now and then, Milk and Some electrolyte supplement when hiking. Other wise - water (The real energy drink)

BlayzinDro and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

This is simply a fun poll for the caffiene addicts..........

15. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

Rockstar lemonade, no carbonation.
    MT Dew AMP (green can).
    Full Throttle (Citrus).
    Monster Java. I also like this one.
    Booze, it makes some people tired, but not me (unless I'm watching a movie).
    Bourbon for me too.

As for all those health hippies saying it's bad for "your body", come back and talk to me when you're 80 (it's not going to matter at that age anyhow).

16. Letric

Letric SW Washington Member

Best energy drink I've experienced was Beaver Buzz in Canada. They taste very good, have a mild energy boost that sustains for long periods of time, dont have too much sugar or caffeine, they use natural cane sugar, well made. It has most of the normal ingredients an energy drink has, but also has added extracts and juices for flavoring/nutrition.

The company started off with just the red and blue cans.. (citrus and saskatoon berry). But they have grown larger, more commercialized, and have a lot of new flavours that dont really compare to the original 2.

Their Citrus energy drink in the red can was the best tasting, after that it was Saskatoon Berry flavor in the blue cans. I used to get cases shipped down to me from British Columbia... If you're ever up there i recommend you try a red or blue can, or you can have it shipped to you via their site - Beaver Buzz Energy :: The Canadian energy drink that comes in Citrus, Saskatoon Berry, Green Tea and Sugar Free flavours.

No, i'm not a spokesperson for beaverbuzz, i just really enjoy their product...and i believe that all other "energy drinks" are just caffinated sugar water.

PNaLa.jpg

17. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Water...

Bunny and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

Fixed.:thumbup:

19. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I used to drink more of all of these than anyone. Constantly. Then when my health wasn't so great I decided to ditch this stuff and my health is so much better. Blood pressure down, no more headaches. I am out of the Aspartame biz.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Yep. The rest of that stuff will kill ya.