What is this?

daved20319

Reactions
Thought so, that's a 1st gen. 160. There are several major design differences between that and the later guns, mostly in the trigger assembly IIRC, will need to do a little digging, I've only owned one, and that was a long time ago. Might have to fire up my old PC, I think that's where I have the info. Give me a day or so and I'll see what I can find. Later.

Dave

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
The spring obviously goes in the hole, probably with a ball bearing on top of it to act as a detent for the safety, which is why it wouldn't cock right. The safety was floating around wherever it liked.

The spring obviously goes in the hole, probably with a ball bearing on top of it to act as a detent for the safety, which is why it wouldn't cock right. The safety was floating around wherever it liked.
My thoughts exactly. Ya suppose they're staying up nights making that bearing? :rolleyes:

Dave..the owner said it was gift when he was young & he's late 60`s or early 70's now. :)

Dan

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
My thoughts exactly. Ya suppose they're staying up nights making that bearing? :rolleyes:

Dave..the owner said it was gift when he was young & he's late 60`s or early 70's now. :)

Dan
I've done a lot of custom work on Benjamin and Sheridan based paintball guns over the years. I have an idea how they tend to design things.

daved20319

Reactions
Dan, sorry to say I could not find the data I was looking for, looks like I purged a bunch of old files when I moth balled my PC. Couple of places you might look would be Crosman.com, and there's also a Crosman forum out there that has a lot of info and helpful members. Good luck.

Dave

Dan, sorry to say I could not find the data I was looking for, looks like I purged a bunch of old files when I moth balled my PC. Couple of places you might look would be Crosman.com, and there's also a Crosman forum out there that has a lot of info and helpful members. Good luck.
Dave
Dave, I really appreciate your effort & time. I've removed the safety. If there's way to put it back... probably not worth it. More so from what Zeke said/implied and also my thoughts.
What 'part' rests on the safety to fit into the notches is a guess at this juncture unless someone has an image or drawing. I've searched rather extensively but NADA..
Thank you everyone!

Dan

Safety is gone...not a big deal I reckon. Gun has held air for 6 days now... :)
Owner is ecstatic..:D

Dan

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom