JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Best suppressor lube?

• Water

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • K-Y Vaginal Jelly

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Wire Pulling Gel (like Clear Gel Brand)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Ultrasonic Gel

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I've heard that grease gets very hot, smokes, and stinks to high heaven. The four poll choices are the ones most debated on the suppressor forums.

I've heard that grease gets very hot, smokes, and stinks to high heaven. The four poll choices are the ones most debated on the suppressor forums.

Hence the recomendations for Lubriplate. A grease that was designed to keep an M1 Garand or M14 operating under battlefield conditions.

Burt, do you want this to reduce or eliminate the first round pop (FRP)? If for the FRP then water works fine as the FRP only happens on the first round in a string of fire or a series of strings within a reasonable amount of time in between - so having a lube with residual properties is a moot point. And unless you're going to let it cool down and refill with fresh O2 then the can is going to remain quiet. So most likely you'll have to recharge the can with whatever anyway.

Generally the FRP is only annoying to the shooter as those who are within a reasonable distance away are never going to hear it. It is common to have 16 students in our classroom during a briefing or lecture while one of the instructors is on the adjoining range working with a firearm equipped with a can . No one ever hears the shooting including the dreaded FRP unless we bring it to their attention. If they remove the can, then they definately hear the firearm.

If eliminating the FRP is important then I'd suggest sticking with water as it cheap, easy to obtain/accessable, one can get it on the fly and that is one less thing you have to remember to bring along or forget back at the house.

I think you need to redefine your question.

Best overall at lasting more than a few rounds, not corrosive if traces left in suppressor.

The answer as previously noted is grease.

The quietest is going to be water, but if you want something that also doesn't smoke or smell you're probably looking at wire pulling gel, KY lubricant or ultrasound gel, they seem to be a good medium. The trick is using it in moderation.

What suppressor are you using?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top