JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is this thread in the right section?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No ya' newbie it's not !!!

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
NOTE TO MOD; IF THIS THREAD IS IN THE WRONG SECTION PLEASE CHANGE OR DELETE IT.

I hope this isn't in the wrong section. I need to sell a couple of my firearms. The problem is I don't know what a fair price is. I have asked a couple of local gun shop owners and friends who consider themselves firearm experts, but the price offered seems pawnshop low! Many internet gun shops are motivated by various concerns, So I decided to ask my NW firearm brothers and sisters for advice, ie a ballpark figure. I trust your alls' ballpark estimate more than these experts around here, God love em'! The first is a 'low mileage' (about 100 rounds) GI Mil-Spec OD Green.45 Springfield armory in good to excellent condition. I have an 10 round extended mag and the regular mag is a Wilson combat version with a plastic case. The second is a Bushmaster short barrelled Dissipator' AR chambered for the 5.56 NATO or the Winchester .223. What I like about the Bushie' is even though its a short barrel the iron sight is near the end of the bull barrel and gives a better sight radius than a sight mounted farther back. Not bragging but I can hit a 12 ounce can at 100 meters regularly. Once zeroed in you can smoke anything you can see with off the shelf ammo. I bought both firearms from an local gun shop. The AR comes with ten mags (30 rds) and one 40 round mag, with a couple hundred rounds of loose ammo and a factory case.

Check gun broker online and subtract 20% if you can wait to sell.

Subtract 30%+ if your motivated to sell.

Stay away from pawn shops - they are there to rip off desperate people.

1911-$350-$400
Ar-$350-$400

This is a buyer's market, and with mandatory FFL fees, most are going to just buy new. I have seen PSA ar's for under $400 brand new, and they are in the same category as bushy. And not too many people want a plain GI spec 1911 with fixed sights, unless it is an old war horse.

One way to realize a better price is to post a thread in the General section "wondering" what you should sell your guns for.. then of course selling it/them to the highest bidder.
I think we all should do this.

Check gun broker online and subtract 20% if you can wait to sell.

Subtract 30%+ if your motivated to sell.

Stay away from pawn shops - they are there to rip off desperate people.

Thanks Joe13 I will check out Gun Broker. Oh, thanks too for the heads up about pawnshops. I was using the term 'pawnshop low' to indicate just that, a rip off low-ball price! I should have put the term in 'brackets'. I can wait for a sale on these. I gave away two smith and wesson stainless airweights and a wallmart 700 30.06 Remington for a very quick $750. A couple of my 'friends' are still goading me for it.....I don't want to repeat that disaster.

1911-$350-$400
Ar-$350-$400

This is a buyer's market, and with mandatory FFL fees, most are going to just buy new. I have seen PSA ar's for under $400 brand new, and they are in the same category as bushy. And not too many people want a plain GI spec 1911 with fixed sights, unless it is an old war horse.

Thanks 2W. Man if the price is that low I think I will sell blood instead! Hey I have a 04' 883 Sportster engine and tranny to sell as well! (I noticed your sc name) ha ha!

One way to realize a better price is to post a thread in the General section "wondering" what you should sell your guns for.. then of course selling it/them to the highest bidder.
I think we all should do this.

Good idea! I should get more creative I guess! I never was a good salesman. I just don't like the back and forth dickering. Thanks for the advice. Its time for a Big Mac!

One thing to keep in mind is that used firearm values and prices can be regional....what a rifle or pistol sells for here in the Pacific Northwest may be vastly different than in Tennessee....
If it was me I'd check out various local gunshows and gunshops , not pawnshops and try to see what similar rifles and pistols sold for...not what the asking price was....
Andy

Search your guns on here, and Armalist. It will give you a ballpark idea of what asking prices are on your firearms. You can sort of average the prices. Obviously if there is only one guy on all of Armslist selling your exact gun for $4000, that doesn't mean that's what it's worth.

Ich vergessen das ist verböt!

I'd say about $500 a piece, but you won't get that in a hurry... I think $400 give or take $50 is more realistic.

I wouldn't pay more than about $250, but that's just because I couldn't resist a deal and am barely interested in the products.

If you do a search on Armslist or GunBroker, make sure you do it for "Completed Auctions" because if all you look at are Asking Prices that won't really tell you what people are actually getting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top