JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Best pistol out of 3 trash options?"
"Best trigger?"
"Best location in a forester to mount a handgun?"

What's next….

Best optic under $50?
Best weapon light under $25?
What's better, Black Hawk or Uncle Mike's holsters?
Where should I carry on my body?

I carry a 5" 1911 iwb.
G17 with a comp (same length as a G34 5.31" barrel length) with a X300 for me.
Screenshot_20231026_181920.jpg

I kid, I kid

I doubt many have enough actual experience with that many production guns to offer an opinion but I also think anything under $600 lands squarely in the 'learn to shoot what you get' camp. Someone looking for the best trigger spends more than $600 on the gun.

"Best pistol out of 3 trash options?"
"Best trigger?"
"Best location in a forester to mount a handgun?"

What's next….

Best optic under $50?
Best weapon light under $25?
What's better, Black Hawk or Uncle Mike's holsters?
Where should I carry on my body?
Sounds like your advice is to have the guy buy a hi-point, put it under his seat, and be done with it. Lol

My SAR9 trigger is one of the worst among all my pistols. Long pull not very crisp break -- mine must have been built during Ramadan while yours at another time.
I've had two CZ75's Both were excellent, but the take-up on one was quite irksome.
I read reviews on the SAR and bought one. The trigger felt like I was drawing a bucket of water up
the well with my little finger broke. Gave it to my son and he broke it in and loves it.

Ruger Mk-I Under $600 and has a great trigger. Breaks clean with no creep.

Walther PPK/S 22.LR. Another good trigger with no upgrades needed. Under $400

Ruger Wrangler SA. Good trigger pull with little to no creep. Right around $200

(I could go on with 22LR's if need be).......

So for a reference point I've got big strong XXXL hands and they are half numb and calloused from working with them all my life. I want to have a trigger with some creep and a wall I can feel but a nice crisp break. I like the GI 1911 trigger and ones like that. A 4lb trigger with a crisp break is about right for me. Honestly though I've got lots of handguns of all sorts and I just shoot them, the trigger is the least of my worries. I pay much more attention maintaining my sight picture over how the trigger feels. I have no idea what guns are in your price range that would be a you thing but I guess if I had to play favorites out of what's in my collection in no particular order I'd say 1911's, CZ's, Sig's and Ruger Blackhawks all have nice triggers. The rest like the Glocks and M&P's I'd rate as good triggers. Even the 1920's era revolvers are just fine.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top