JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With will, one doesn't even need a gun to prevail.
But having both is ideal.
these had neither

Jewish-police-in-Lodz-ghetto.jpg

I agree that we should resort to the ballot box before the ammo box.

However, we should also remember that a democracy can take away your guns just as quickly and effectively as a dictatorship can - if the majority decides it is in their interest, and the courts agree, and LEOs and the military support it.

This is not a stretch. In some respects, especially with regards to gun rights and social programs (taking your money to give it to other people), we are moving away from the principles of a representative republic where individual rights are protected, to a mobocracy where the will of the majority is the rule of law - and the will of the majority at this point is leaning towards being anti-gun or at least pro gun control.

There are multiple countries around the world where the majority of a populace with a democratic government has effectively disarmed the populace.

A "pure democracy" is a system that can decide my rights (or yours) no longer exist simply because I'm outnumbered, and I want nothing to do with it.

Our Founding Fathers debated long and hard on which form of government to model after, and they wisely chose a republic that was bound and limited in its power by the U.S. Constitution to protect (and empower) the citizens to stand against tyranny.

The Constitution declares the self-evident truths that mankind has certain inalienable rights, and these self-evident truths are made manifest in our citizenry when we stand up and claim them.

Veterans did just that in 1946... Fallacious indeed:

battle-of-athens-tn-sign.jpg

I didn't realize the battle of Athens involved unconventional warfare or tanks.

Actually, the battle of Athens is exactly the type of gangsterism of which I spoke.

While I do agree, that the tendency of democracies to limit the rights of groups, which is why war is inevitable, however before the shooting war breaks out, it seems the propaganda war and the ideological war are places to make a stand first. One of the interesting ways I heard this put the other day, was framing the development of states in terms of the Second Law of Thermodynamics:

When two initially isolated systems in separate but nearby regions of space, each in thermodynamic equilibrium with itself but not necessarily with each other, are then allowed to interact, they will eventually reach a mutual thermodynamic equilibrium. The sum of the entropies of the initially isolated systems is less than or equal to the total entropy of the final combination. Equality occurs just when the two original systems have all their respective intensive variables (temperature, pressure) equal; then the final system also has the same values.

Generally, the mathematics of the second law are what negates perpetual motion, as motion is only created when there is a high differential in entropy, and equality is only achieved when the difference between the two systems is small.

I am not advocating the role of complacency, what I am saying is there are many options before violence, and we had best begin exercising those now, otherwise the only recourse will be violence.

The battle (or conflict) of Athens was prosecuted with the "standard" weapons of the day. Today our police forces are nothing short of paramilitary units fitted with armored cars and/or MRAPs, AR15s, even the occasional Bradley Fighting Vehichle.

Then, like now veterans took up the calling of their oaths and set things right. There are many citizens that have ARs, AKs, and the technical knowledge and resources to acquire and utilize those same armored vehicles against those who would subjugate us under tyranny. THAT is the overall point of the original article in answer to those who ask, "what good are citizens w/guns against government tanks?"

Our Founding Fathers set the archetype for "reasoning together". They started by filing their greivances with the "lower magistrates" that were gainst the "higher magistrates" responsible for their oppression. They exhausted every "legal" recourse available to them, and were slow to bear up arms.

That being said, yes we still have (for the time being) many peaceful options (much preferable) that are still available to affect, preserve, and even reclaim our liberties... But in today's political climate (with judicial appointments stacked by ideologues), that can change at any moment with an Executive Branch "pen and a phone". o_O

The answer to the question is obvious. The better and more intelligent question is, do you think an all volunteer army would use those tanks against it's own people, family, and friends by order of a black, communist dictator with a kings complex?

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top