JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where in the Second Amendment does it talk about guns?

It talks about "arms" not guns.

What are "arms"?

Tanks, cannon, grenades, rockets and yes, firearms.

The Second Amendment is not limited to firearms.

Where in the Second Amendment does it talk about guns?

It talks about "arms" not guns.

What are "arms"?

Tanks, cannon, grenades, rockets and yes, firearms.

The Second Amendment is not limited to firearms.

Agreed. WA really needs to drop the MG/SBR/SBS ban language from state law, because it is even more infringing and impairing than the NFA is.

Agreed. WA really needs to drop the MG/SBR/SBS ban language from state law, because it is even more infringing and impairing than the NFA is.

All laws that infringe on the right of law abiding adults to "bear arms" need to be repealed, etc. - that includes *all* arms and all laws including the NFA, etc.

It both amazes and dismays me how many supposed supporters of the Second Amendment, nor the courts, neither understand its history nor its intention.

It not only isn't about "duck hunting", it isn't even about self-protection, it is about "arms" and it is about the balance of power between citizens and government.

The country had just gone through an armed revolution - a rebellion. A long war was fought against the established government. Civilians rose up and used their own arms to fight that war.

In that context, just what was the newly founded US government thinking when they added the Second Amendment?

To maintain the power of citizens/civilians to rebel against their government when necessary.

It's equally amazing to me how exquisitely effective public schools have been at erasing our awareness of the role that State Constitutions play in this balance of power equation. State Constitutions protected our rights against State-level abuse before the US Constitution even existed.... and they still do. The USC was created specifically, in part, to protect us from abuse at the hands of the government created by the USC, i.e. the federal government. But yet, we gun rights lovers whip out the good ol' 2nd Amendment every time a State abuse issue comes up. The 2nd Amendment is not relevant to a discussion about State-level infringement of gun rights. And if you think the 2nd is made applicable to the States via the 14th Amendment, you haven't read much about the history of the 14th Amendment. I recommend reading the Supreme Court's first-impression case on the 14th Amendment. It's called "The Slaughterhouse Cases". It's an eye-opener.

It would take more than 1 person to pull my redneck *** outta the hills.....if there are 5 million like me hiding up in the woods where would the manpower come from? I can only think that China has the population to do that and they would have to arm everybody

If they wanted you bad enough they would use this thing called "fire" and wait to see how you prepared for that. It would probably end with a limited amount of running and screaming. A million people thinking they were doing something in the woods would be instant target as soon as a million cold people made camp fires to stay warm. Other than that you may have a solid plan. Meanwhile I'll be watching that fail go down on TV in my culdesac. till the power goes out.

It would take more than 1 person to pull my redneck *** outta the hills.....if there are 5 million like me hiding up in the woods where would the manpower come from? I can only think that China has the population to do that and they would have to arm everybody

If they wanted you bad enough they would use this thing called "fire" and wait to see how you prepared for that. It would probably end with a limited amount of running and screaming. A million people thinking they were doing something in the woods would be instant target as soon as a million cold people made camp fires to stay warm. Other than that you may have a solid plan. Meanwhile I'll be watching that fail go down on TV in my culdesac. till the power goes out.

You should think more along the lines of "grey man" among the masses, rather than making a stand out in the wilderness. The coming fight will be fought (effectively) in urban/suburban environments where seats of current government set.

The Government Beast is merely made up of worker-people, you paralyze the worker-people in .gov, you grind The Beast to a halt with minimal bloodshed and collateral damage.

Just sayin...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads