JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I leave the house it has become habit to pat myself down in a certain pattern. Right hand to right back pocket for wallet, left hand to front left pocket for cell phone, right hand to right hip for EDC, left hand to left hip for keys, and right hand to front right pocket for cash.

What is your "pat down" procedure?

Right hand to right front pocket for LCP, left hand to front left pocket for keys, right hand to right back pocket for wallet, Right hand to right front shirt pocket for Cell phone. Money is always in the wallet like gramps taught me. Right hand down the pants to adjust for comfort. Out the door, check that door is locked and away I go!

Pat right rear (wallet), left front (keys and speed loaders for .38), right front (.38, knife ), left rear (bandana), middle of back (Kimber .45 ), left side (clips for .45), right shirt pocket ( .22 mag mini rev.), left shirt pocket smokes and lighter, and MOST important left hand COFFEE mug (full).....:D

This is funny, as I've tried to teach this to my Son, who never seems to know where his wallet, keys, etc. are.

I pat my back two pockets for my knife and wallet, my hip pocket for my keys, which are on a chain drive, then pat under my arm for my gun.

I never leave home without anything!

I've performed this drill my whole life, and the only time I've ever lost my wallet was when I had a bum knee, and I was on crutches at the airport, fighting my carry-on bag, and all my goodies (including my wallet) were in a fanny pack. I was not able to pat myself down, and it was not til I was at 30,000 feet that I realized my fanny pack was still at the x-ray machine. What a sick feeling to be flying across the country with no money, ID, or credit cards. Fortunately, the airline got them on the next flight, to me.

Call my routine excessive-compulsive, but I'm in charge of taking care of myself.

WAYNO.

Pat right rear (wallet), left front (keys and speed loaders for .38), right front (.38, knife ), left rear (bandana), middle of back (Kimber .45 ), left side (clips for .45), right shirt pocket ( .22 mag mini rev.), left shirt pocket smokes and lighter, and MOST important left hand COFFEE mug (full).....:D

left rear(bandana)? Lol, are you some sort of gangster?

Wallet, gun, keys, phone

What hand I use and where they go depends largely on what I am carrying that day.

Add work Cell/pager, and door badge if I'm going to work that night to the end of that list.

I forgot that contry boys can pull off the bandana in the back pocket as well. Better be careful when you come out to the big city, you might find that you are flying the wrong flag:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews