JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't buy the increased civil unrest prognostication.

I think Biden will win, and I think the Senate may fall to the democrats.

At that point, I think guns and ammo supplies will get even worse. Not sure what else will fly off the shelves.

I don't think the far right will erupt in violence. Not sure what the far left will do, but I don't think their violence will increase; it will either stay the same or decrease, most likely the latter.

Don't know if it was the same everywhere but here TP was only one of a LOT of things. When it first started Wife and I were laughing at it in the store. Someone would see others buying a lot of any item, soon that shelf would be empty. Monkey see, monkey do. Up here flour all vanished and it took longer than TP to come back. For a long time they were placing limits on how many bags you could buy. Even now there are problems with some canned items. You can see in the stores where they try to spread stuff out to keep empty spots from showing. People see an empty spot and freak out even now. Good idea of what will happen if we have a real crisis given how this hoax set people off. :s0140:
I've noticed that vitamins and Tang are in short supply.

I mentioned a while back I gave up trying to buy some damn oven cleaner. Wanted to give the grill a good scrub. None of the stores here had it. Finally gave up and ordered some from Amazon. Sure I probably paid twice what it would have been if I could have found it but no one here seemed to be getting any :mad:
This is a result of decades of letting almost everything we buy be made in China. When supply gets interrupted like this it takes a good long while to fill the line back up. The longer stuff is not on the shelf the faster people grab it when they see it. Problem then feeds on itself.

An elderly lady walks into a bank with a bag of change she can hardly carry. Mustering all her strength she lifts it up and sets it on the counter. The teller looks at the bag and says, "My, that's a lot of change, did you hoard all of that??"
"No," the old lady replies breathlessly, "my sister whored half of it.":s0140:

I know, I know,:s0128:

I mentioned a while back I gave up trying to buy some damn oven cleaner. Wanted to give the grill a good scrub. None of the stores here had it. Finally gave up and ordered some from Amazon. Sure I probably paid twice what it would have been if I could have found it but no one here seemed to be getting any :mad:
This is a result of decades of letting almost everything we buy be made in China. When supply gets interrupted like this it takes a good long while to fill the line back up. The longer stuff is not on the shelf the faster people grab it when they see it. Problem then feeds on itself.

This will become a thing of the past. When biden get elected he's going to bring manufacturing back to American soil. He promised. So we'll have that going for us.

Yeahbutt, did you ever get whipped with one of them plastic Hot Wheels tracks?!
Only every time I left one on the floor. :rolleyes:

've noticed that vitamins and Tang are in short supply.
Tang? That is a memory from the Hot Wheels days. It thought the astronauts already drank all of that???

On the topic, grocery stores seem to still have cyclic shortages, they have just learned to camouflage it better. I'll notice that where there used to be five different types of flavored rice, there will be one spread across the area. Next week it will be fine. Currently a first world problem but you just sense the supply chain is still disrupted to an extent. My bets:
Top Ramen
Bulk flour
Spam

Selection will be the first thing to go. Well it kind of already has. Instead of 5-10 different brands of one thing, it will dwindle down to just 1 or 2. Rice, beans, flour, sugar, salt, lard, and soap are all a good candidate for shortages as they were kind of picked over late in the panic game last time.

If you watched closely last time, all of those people who came from a third world country, horded those items fist. All the first world people ran for TP and hand sanitizer like their life depended on it, but many of us know you can't eat paper and glycol.

Don't know if it was the same everywhere but here TP was only one of a LOT of things. When it first started Wife and I were laughing at it in the store. Someone would see others buying a lot of any item, soon that shelf would be empty. Monkey see, monkey do. Up here flour all vanished and it took longer than TP to come back. For a long time they were placing limits on how many bags you could buy. Even now there are problems with some canned items. You can see in the stores where they try to spread stuff out to keep empty spots from showing. People see an empty spot and freak out even now. Good idea of what will happen if we have a real crisis given how this hoax set people off. :s0140:

Your neighbors must be like mine. My wife's winddown/relaxation hobby is baking. Good thing we already have the essentials because even flour got hard to find...as if all these goddamn people were going to suddenly figure out how to bake bread :rolleyes:.

Who knows what the next panic item will be. If it's baby wipes, there will be hell to pay though. Thank god my kid is starting to potty train.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top