JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like ;
John Ford's Westerns..
Howard Hawk's as well...
Clint Eastwood...both as actor and director...John Wayne..Lee Marvin...

So for me its the 1950's - 1970's
You got to back a little further then...

Some good John Ford / Howard Hawks /John Wayne movies are Stagecoach (1939) Red River (1948), Fort Apache (1948) & She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)

I agree though 1950's - 1970's was the Golden age of westerns. Then they died out for awhile. I believe Silverado renewed interest in Westerns.

You got to back a little further then...

Some good John Ford / Howard Hawks /John Wayne movies are Stagecoach (1939) Red River (1948), Fort Apache (1948) & She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)

I agree though 1950's - 1970's was the Golden age of westerns. Then they died out for awhile. I believe Silverado renewed interest in Westerns.
I like the ones you listed....my favorite John Ford Western is The Searchers ( 1956) and my favorite Howard Hawks is
Rio Bravo ( 1959 )..so they influenced my dates....:D
Andy

Mine too, in the top 3 Wayne movies also. My favorite Hawks movies are Sgt. York and Scarface, fav western is the above mentioned Red River but Rio Bravo is right there. Ricky Nelson had one of my favorite buscadero rigs of all time.
So back when my daughter was in high school....

I was watching Rio Bravo , she comes on in...and asks : "What are you watching...?"
I tell her...and she asks if we own it..."Yep"..."Well I'll catch it later...."

Ricky Nelson enters the scene....

"Ohh...Who is that...?" she asks...
"Ricky Nelson...he sings later with Dean Martin...."
"He is cute....Can you start this over....? "

She also had a long time crush on John Wayne and Lee Marvin....:D
Andy

MeTV used to dedicate all day Saturday to westerns. They carved it up a bit to introduce the classic cartoons, but still show some great ones.

IMO, there was much better morality in that era of television that gave people a chance to think on how to be better. Heck, I still think Father of the Year is Lucas McCain.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top