JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just ordered two spare mags and a double mag carrier for my every day carry pistol. Yesterday I picked up an OWB holster for open carry. A gentleman in Sedro-Woolley custom made it for me and I could not be more happy with it.

One thing I have been thinking about. In a survival/defense situation I would think that most defense type actions will happen in the dark. Anybody thought about night vision devices. What little I know is that they are very spendy. How will you defend your home, camp or whatever if you can't see the attackers? Just a thought.

I realized that I have what could be a very good bartering tool in the event Einstein was right and WW3 puts us into the stone age. I carve wood with everything from high speed dental grinders to axes to the largest chainsaw I can lift. With my bag of hand tools, I could make many things from wood including gun stocks, tools and utensils. Toss in some flint napping then I'd be ready to open shop and accept live chickens or wild berries as payment.

One thing I have been thinking about. In a survival/defense situation I would think that most defense type actions will happen in the dark. Anybody thought about night vision devices. What little I know is that they are very spendy. How will you defend your home, camp or whatever if you can't see the attackers? Just a thought.

I think night vision is still expensive. You can buy lights that fit your gun and lights that look like a miner's light that fit on your head. Those are also handy in the dark to keep both hands free. Ebay is full of those with LED lights.

If you need to see but don't want to show a light, I don't know other than night vision...

Put food and water in my truck along with some of REIs waterproof matches. Did the same for my wife's car, plus jumper cables (I was surprised to find that she didn't have some already). With winter, I was careful to leave space for ice formation in the container. Also we were gifted two more propane tanks from the in-laws who can't be bothered with the extra clutter.

We also went to REIs garage sale yesterday and got a lightweight tent for $12, rain pants ($6) and regular priced gloves.

I also took a hard look at buying an inverter to get power from car batteries. We have several from our boat sitting in the garage for the winter.

I finished my and my girls servival packs today.. 3 days food each (MRE's) and freeze dried, first aid kits for kids and med kit for mine, 3 water filtration bottels, crank up radios and shaker-charge flash lights. was just waiting on the 3 filtration bottels to finish packs.

I have built a rubber lined Fat-50 ammo can as an EMP safe box.

Still working on a list. Oh and loaded some rounds..

I think night vision is still expensive. You can buy lights that fit your gun and lights that look like a miner's light that fit on your head. Those are also handy in the dark to keep both hands free. Ebay is full of those with LED lights.

If you need to see but don't want to show a light, I don't know other than night vision...

If you dont mind Gen1 to just have the ability to see at night you can get them as low as $350.00

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top