JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I did this week:

Assembled my level 2 first aid kit (based on Nutnfancy on YouTube)
Assembled 5 level 1 first aid kits (based on Nutnfancy on YouTube)
Upgraded all first aid kits in our cars
Placed an order with Honeyville Grain (15% off everything using code VETERANS) http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/
Read this thread daily
Got real close to pulling the trigger on purchasing a Lifesaver Water bottle after reading this thread. Will probalby do it this weekend. Thanks to ORBrit for that info!
Put the November PDX gun show on my calendar
Stocked up on generic medicine and latex gloves at Costco
Cleaned Mr. Glock
Picked up some more ammo for Mr. Glock at Bi-Mart. He is always hungry.
Picked up a case of peaches and pears at Bi-Mart (on sale for $1/can for the big cans)
Check my mail for my CHL every day. Not here yet. :(

Wew. Long week.

Think about upgrading (or adding) a fire extinguisher for your car (and home) also. I used a basic 2.5 lb extinguisher on a car fire earlier this year & was shocked at how quickly I used it up (small fire; almost didn't put it out).

I was just thinking about this. I have several 2.5 pounders around the house. Ive been wavering on going with a larger size for the house and a 2.5 in each vehicle. The house is so vulnerable. A 2.5 would barely buy you enough time to get out.

hanging about the house, mending up my shoulder after surgery yesterday. Once it heals, I'll be a LOT stronger and more capable for whatever mmight come down the pike... getting this repair out of the way sooner rather than later is a big deal...

also, got two new mags for the LCP I got from Cocktailer at the Monroe show, and bought some decent priced ammo for it.

Researching which hi-cap double stack .45 I need to get......

and reading what you lot here are up to.

I filled all 8 of my 5 gal. propane bottles, also bought a adapter to use little green bottle appliances on a big bottle. Might be temp. but it will keep us warm while we figure out what we are going to do.

i think u guys misunderstood wat im saying, no plans on taking food from private residence. i meant like grocery store or whatever. and honestly dont think that would ever even come close to happening, im slowly building my food and water supply for my family anyway

i think u guys misunderstood wat im saying, no plans on taking food from private residence. i meant like grocery store or whatever. and honestly dont think that would ever even come close to happening, im slowly building my food and water supply for my family anyway

Good job on building a food supply.

Thinking there will be food to take or find after the fact is a lost hope.

There will be millions of people with the same idea.

Avoidance...........that is the key.

Back on track. This thread is only for what you did today to prep.
Discussion on methods or ideas can be done in a new thread.

I bought a case of MREs today to put into the MRE rotation.

id like some MRE's anyway have a good source price? coctailer?

as for today i went to my parents house and got 2 sleeping bags which i didnt have at my place!

I made the decision that all of my gun powder would do me more good if I stored it in little brass bottles with lead corks. So I started cleaning brass, I dont think having 10,000 rounds laying around overboard do you? :)

Windstorm is predicted for next couple of days:

1) Found most of my flashlights & checked them for function. Placed them at various locations around the house. The batteries in one lantern had totally corroded so into the trash it went (Coleman LED lantern - I've read there is something wrong with these, but never had any problems until now)

2) Moved some firewood closer to the fireplace

3) Moved my Aladdin oil lamp to the front room & checked for function

Things I may do tomorrow (if I have time):

1) Buy more lamp oil

2) Buy more candles (we had this huge bag of tea light candles that seemed to never run out - now, there are only got a few left)

3) Buy a new LED lantern

4) Check creek culvert to make sure it's clear

Today at costco i bought 2 packs of 48 batteries AA and AAA. also i saw a neat small survival kit for 3 days food and water packs, i think there was a tent and a poncho and a blanket. i believe it was 9.99 but i jus assume get a couple rubber-maid tubs and make my own.

I have bought some lamp oil at an old hardware store that is family owned and tested my old oil lamps. All are working well and now I need to buy some more wicks and a lot more oil, the problem between Lowes, Wal Mart, Big Lots and the 'Dollar Tree' nobody carries lamp oil anymore, any suggestions? Please PM me if you know where to buy lamp oil.

Did some elk hunting and had a chance to stomp around in the woods and practice some skills. Also got my new to me Dodge out in some real muddy off road conditions and learned what the capabilities are and are not. Sharpened my primary knives and gave them a good coat of olive oil. Relocated a shotgun to a place where it would be more useful. Bought some junk silver. Completed a shopping list.

SF-

Please PM me if you know where to buy lamp oil.
SF-

Isn't lamp oil just kerosene? ?? Isn't kerosene almost identical to and interchangeable with #1 diesel?

While we're at it, isn't "white gas" just unleaded gas? Back in the day when gas was leaded it would foul a white gas stove, but now that it's unleaded you can use regular grade pump gas in a white gas stove?

??

Help me out here. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews