JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was looking forward to sighting in another scope today but the phone rang and I ended-up selling some stock feed. Did some badly needed spring cleaning, shifted some fire wood.
The recent snow has melted away, more snow next week but DROUGHT is staring down on us, for this summer.
maybe I should post pics of my machetes and bolos?

Last Edited:
Went out in my woods to try out the CRKT Woods Chogan. It chops okay, if what it is chopping is solid. The problem with saplings is that they have some give to them, so something like a brush cutter or machete works better as the blade is thinner, lighter and has more speed, so the sapling doesn't deflect as much.

I was curious to see if I could throw it too. It is a tomahawk after all, even if a heavy one. To my surprise I could actually throw it and stick it in a tree (I used a tall stump - I don't like to abuse my live trees that way) more often than not.

I order an inexpensive reflex sight to see if it will work on one of my rimfires. I also looked into getting a hydration harness - Condor seems to have one that might work. I don't like chest rigs, I prefer "battle belts", but they do have one their hydration harness works with that might work for me.

Been checking out some of the country around here.Dogs got on a big jack rabbit today,came back 10 minutes later.Dog was on after burners and rabbit was hippity hopping along,lol
Then stopped by the rifle range on this sunny day.
Not a soul.Man if this is what the range will be like on sunny saturdays,this will be good.

After some research, I went ahead and ordered the Condor MCR 7 ("Ronin") harness and the hydration pack. I don't like most chest harnesses - IMO they ride too high, and put too much out front. I feel like they would make it harder for me to bring a rifle to bear, or get other things done. I prefer most things to be on my back and/or down low, with things on the side and front being thinner.

The MCR7 doesn't seem to be as bulky and is a "split" design, and I am hoping that with the hydration pack it will fit the bulky stuff lower. It of course depends on what I attach to it and where and how I set it up.

We'll see.

I also ordered a Schrade kukri - the smaller version of the "Book of Eli" clone, the one with the 10" blade instead of 13".

-full-tang-kukri-machete-9-9in-steel-fixed-blade-safe-t-grip-handle-clam-package-schkm1smcp-main.jpg

I already have the KaBar kukri, I wanted a smaller, lighter version. I am not a big fan of huge knives (I believe that a hatchet or belt axe is better for most chores people try to use these big knives for), but I do often buy inexpensive knives (~$30 or less) just to try them out and it never hurts to have a wide selection of knives. If nothing else I can barter them later if their quality and usefulness is halfway decent.

Took some friends out to the woods yesterday and introduced them to my other friends...Sig and AR. Burned through several hundred rounds including a "drill" of over a dozen beer can targets at around 25 yards, iron sights, fast fire, with one mag exchange. Had a good time and at least marginally increased the shooting knowledge and survivability for a handful of women.

Picked up a Glock 22 Gen4 .40 S&W pistol this week. Came with 3 15rd mags.

Also picked up 50 rounds of SD ammo and 150 rounds of practice ammo. (This is my first .40 cal so I don't have any ammo stockpiled yet.)

Also learned that glocks have semi-octagonal barrels so I can't use Cast-Lead bullets in it or it will eventually foul the barrel and turn it into a bomb... bummer! (But good to know before I start messing with cast lead .40's!)

It's my first Glock and very comfortable to hold and acquire a picture on! Recoil is minimal, so follow up shots are a cinch. I haven't read a whole lot on ballistics on them, but since it was designed for the FBI and LEO's it must be good. :)

I still love my .357 revolver, but I also like having more than 5 rounds in my pocket. :)

Preparing for gardening, looking into a way to organize my preps for easy cataloging and access. Not sure what I'll do there, I'll let you know when I figure it out!

Got my second scope sighted in, put some rounds through my Glucks, boy I'm rusty, need to start weight training again, strengthen trigger fingers, I've been so busy w/site #1 that I dropped the ball on SD training.

I have an old canvas bag that looks like it is made out of same material as the old duffle bags which I use. Reminds me I need to have the wife replace the Velcro which is not so sticky any more.

Brutus out

I have used them for over 30 years as a telephone splicer..... Commercial grade canvas material, one of mine wit a leather bottom lasted over 20 years of hard use!!!!

I sold my boat and recouped some cash so I can buy a complete NEW reloading unit, any ideas? I have a set of Hornady .223 dies that works in my friends new RCBS single stage press so maybe I'll pony up and get the progressive unit?

I sold my boat and recouped some cash so I can buy a complete NEW reloading unit, any ideas? I have a set of Hornady .223 dies that works in my friends new RCBS single stage press so maybe I'll pony up and get the progressive unit?

I have seen many used single stage presses sell for almost nothing and after my experience w/a Lee Progressive I would happily use 2 single stage presses set-up on the same table with a hand primer and a powder hopper than mess with a Progressive again. Recently I processed around 1000- 223 cases, this included running them through a case polisher in batches, cleaning out the media from each case and trimming them, it took about 14 nights work. Good Luck in your persuits:D

Been lifting and sprinting for a while now.
Feels good to get back into the routine.
Thats pretty much been my main "prep" as of late.. Its really helped with my crawlspace and attic work ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top