JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Planted heirloom asparagus and strawberries crowns. Started some tomato seeds and ordered quite a bit from Baker Creek Heirloom seeds. Unable to get time to put in a garden this year, so it will all have to be in pots. Some of the Baker seeds will not be planted this year and just kept in the fridge after I seal them.

Had bid ness down south this week so stopped at new bass pro shop in Tacoma then SAA. 230gr for less than fitty a round and a little two2three. 1st bb buy in months so feel good bout that. Gen2 pmag for less than ten. That'll go in range bag. Finall recovering from moving expenses and car repairs......then this bubble gum M855 crap comes along....getting a bit fed up.

Brutus out

I've been catching up on gun stuff. There's so much to do that the defense area got pretty neglected. I'm on a budget and it's taken time to get closer to where I want to be.

I recently filled two holes that seemed necessary. I picked up an M1916 Oviedo Spanish Mauser chambered in 7.62 Nato and a used 7.5" Super Blackhawk. The Mauser is a mixmaster, but, the chamber, barrel and muzzle are good. It cleaned up pretty well and I'll mount front and rear Mojo sights on it when they show up. I wanted a deer-getter/semi standoff rifle and this should work. We're in the woods, and there isn't a 100yd. shot here unless you go out to the road. Oh yeah and it was really cheap.

The SBH is excellent, but it was stored in a leather Slim Jim holster and the barrel is pretty badly pitted. I bought it to carry and shoot, so it fits the bill and it was also nicely priced due to cosmetics.

So I get to have two new guns that will be useful and feel at least superficially virtuous for furthering our survival.

GOG, I am a huge fan of superficial virtue! Just ask my spousal unit!:p

Ordered 200 feet of 550 cord and new compass off ebay. 9 bucks for the compass and 15 for the 550 cord. Getting supplies ready to do some 5 mile hikes with overnight camping. Wanna to start training my outdoor survival skills.

The last 3 snows that kept the kids home for days showed simple stuff needs to be routine. I've recharged all the rechargeable batteries, doubled down on standard pantry stuff like peanut butter, soups, catsup, flour. This year's garden seeds arrived yesterday and I picked up a pressure canner so the green beans can be safely put aside.

I had some family who owned a fair size ranch just outside of Lemhi, Peterson creek area. I spent a few summers up there. Absolutely fantastic country. I would say that was a fantastic more.
Well there is the river and the mountains on both sides,of course and I have found the gun store,hat maker,cobbler/boot maker,fly shop,bakery and fudge shop.
I guess it's best to head north or south for big supplies.I guess there might be a few Morman stores down in Idaho Falls,lol

Had some time after work so I hit some shooting spots and picked up some brass. Prepped and primed all the 5.56 brass I have and bought some more reloading components.

Ordered a dump pouch that can be attached to either a belt or to PALS webbing. Will be great on long hikes if i have trash or find anything of interest but don't want to put it in my main pack. Also will be great when out shooting and putting my empty mags in instead of fussing with em putting them back into the mag pouches.

So, lots to catch-up on here, I dropped several tons of trees and skidded em to the property for fire wood, enough for 4-5 years? Dropped some Doug fir as well, 2 years worth. Learned a lot about tuning-up chain saws. Rebuilding fence now. Clearing 2nd growth and hauling off some trash to allow more sun into garden area/firewood landing so I'm building a corduroy road bed. Will be dropping several maples and alders soon, building another lean-too for wood storage. Some interior spruce-up on site #1 is in the cards. Adding to all the usual supplies, bought Baofeng radios last week.
Lots of wood to split this summer. Hope to start shooting at long range this year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top