JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hung a half dozen 65" TVs at a bar. Lots of exercise. While I was fighting the last one, the keys in my pocket scratched the screen. Rookie move. $427 trip to Best Buy and then my honor restored.

This horse stance exercise looks legit. Spending way too much time sitting.

Edit 11/'21 - Tried a little bit of this and I have pretty strong legs but there is NO way I can hold this for over 3-4 mins. I do like trying something that 'requires nothing' in terms of a bench, weights, etc.

Last Edited:
It's getting to be that time of year again. Weights strewn all over the freeweight floor, guys ego-lifting and dumping heavy weights onto the floor after their set, Mr. Octaset taking over several stations for his workout, towels strewn all over the lockeroom instead of simply putting them in the towel bins -- all telltale signs the holidays are approaching.

For health EVERY guy should do an all out fast as you can sprint at least once a week. If you are old and that means 50ft at 5mph, so be it. You don't have to be a superman like this amazing guy, just do what you can.

For health EVERY guy should do an all out fast as you can sprint at least once a week. If you are old and that means 50ft at 5mph, so be it. You don't have to be a superman like this amazing guy, just do what you can.

At least two mouth-breathers with ZERO situational awareness almost got their azzes run over... :rolleyes:

After watching that video this pops up on my feed, and much to my own shame, I watched it. I don't know who has the shorter attention span: me or the squirrel in the video.

Screenshot_20231121_071539_DuckDuckGo-01.jpeg

The guy is probably capable of doing 1000lbs on his own. Amazing stuff, but as an old man myself, FOOLISH. We can't recover and heal up nearly as fast or well as younger guys. Just a fact.

Should give up on the powerlifting and focus on multiple reps and staying injury free. IMO, minimum reps for 90% of people over 50 is 5x, and 3-5x sets.

The guy is probably capable of doing 1000lbs on his own. Amazing stuff, but as an old man myself, FOOLISH. We can't recover and heal up nearly as fast or well as younger guys. Just a fact.

Should give up on the powerlifting and focus on multiple reps and staying injury free. IMO, minimum reps for 90% of people over 50 is 5x, and 3-5x sets.

I'm over 50 and for flat bench I do 4 to 5 pyramid sets culminating with my final set of about 3-ish reps. My final set I reduce the weight and perform 8-ish reps. If I'm lucky enough to have a spotter I'll push max weight a bit and throw in some negative reps on some of the final sets as well.

Well you are most likely in the 10% that can get away with it. Just look around at most guys over 50 and I'll stand by the assessment.
I have to really, really watch my form and retract my scapula.

Yes, I agree: most guys over 50 have completely given up and would more than likely puke on their shoes if they had to run around the block. They have zero discipline and happily queue up for their proletarian fast food.

Legs Day today and I wasn't feeling it, but did my best to plow through it without compromising intensity. I was off today so rolled in around 10:00 and it was very crowded.

I have been packing on the pounds again, nearing the 230lb mark. There have been way too many good deals in the supermarkets.

I am going to try this system to motivate me towards getting healthier. It looks ghetto but essentially cost zero dollars.

Every day when I wake I will pull one popsicle stick and do that activity or meal plan for that day. The popsicle stick then goes into the cup behind it. There are 14 meal related and 14 exercise related sticks in the cups. Meal related stick will be chosen on even days and exercise stick on odd days. The box gets flipped around after the month is done, then rinse and repeat.

20231124_065406.jpg

20231124_070641.jpg

20231124_070744.jpg 20231124_070823.jpg

@arakboss Mind Blown. One of the worst creative things I've seen. Truly impressive.

One of the 'healthy' first meals I ever had was at Wanker's Corner there in Wilsonville. About five years ago when I was a tank. Just a steak and broccoli. Hadn't ate steak in over 30 years. Always wondered if they still have it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top