JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not saying I agree or disagree with Bundy (I know absolutely nothing about cattle, BLM, and grazing rights) but I was surprised that that many people were willing to stick their neck out like that for what they think is right. It restores my faith that all is not lost in this country!

I don't like Obama and the Democrats. I don't like the Republicans. I don't like the Tea Party, and I don't like the Libertarians. What I do like is the Bill of Rights, our Constitution, and the rule of law. When any government agency dealing with innocent citizens acts and trains as if they were a military group it's time to put a stop to it. That's where I come down in the Bundy case. It's time the government was reminded that it is the SERVANT of the people.

Last Edited:
I've also learned that the BLM arbitrarily "confiscates" other peoples' property. Of course they aren't made whole, and if they're still paying a mortgage on said property they're still stuck with that too. WTH?!

Watch for more people coming forward with similar reports.

I think everyone really missed the point except for <broken link removed>

It wasn't a "Bundy ought to be able to graze his cattle" support. It was outrage that the BLM asserted that they could put up 10 square foot "ZONES" where you were "allowed" to exorcize your 1st amendment. We allow that to happen, we allow the Fed to dictate when, where and how our Rights apply, then we might as well fly the British flag.

Eagle

My problem with the Bundy affair is the platoon sized paramilitary approach to what should have been a civil law enforcement encounter. This is becoming more and more frequent in this country. Law enforcement rolls out SWAT teams complete with armored vehicles and snipers. Makes then look like they were hoping for a reason to use their fancy toys.
I can understand this tactic when they are faced with an "active shooter". But military equipment and tactics seem to being used far too often.

Like the article the OP posted, everything from the BLM to local police, to the IRS are becoming the standing army that our founders warned us against.

I agree with most here. I'm not sure Bundy was right or justified, but I am glad BLM got their pee-pee slapped. I just hope it doesn't lead to an escalation of force on their part the next time they plan something like this.

My problem with the Bundy affair is the platoon sized paramilitary approach to what should have been a civil law enforcement encounter. This is becoming more and more frequent in this country. Law enforcement rolls out SWAT teams complete with armored vehicles and snipers. Makes then look like they were hoping for a reason to use their fancy toys.
I can understand this tactic when they are faced with an "active shooter". But military equipment and tactics seem to being used far too often.

I asked my dad why there was so much exhaust from the c141s? at McChord AFB
He told me about how if they didn't use the fuel they wouldn't get as much next year.So,they pour the fuel through the planes and we wash it off our cars

Yeah they need to try out their toys and make them viable

I asked my dad why there was so much exhaust from the c141s? at McChord AFB
He told me about how if they didn't use the fuel they wouldn't get as much next year.So,they pour the fuel through the planes and we wash it off our cars

Yeah they need to try out their toys and make them viable

The only problem is (for them), we have toys of our own to try out as well.

Most of the land you see here on the family ranch where I hunt is private. But the adjoining land further down the canyon, maybe a 1/4 mile out, is BLM. My worry is that the feds may decide that this canyon is a scenic treasure that needs to be "preserved". That's one reason why I'm so sensitive to this stuff.

WapinitaCanyon-fullnortheast.jpg

Most of the land you see here on the family ranch where I hunt is private. But the adjoining land further down the canyon, maybe a 1/4 mile out, is BLM. My worry is that the feds may decide that this canyon is a scenic treasure that needs to be "preserved". That's one reason why I'm so sensitive to this stuff.

WapinitaCanyon-fullnortheast.jpg

The main reason they would claim anything would be to cut down hunting lands
Y'all know the rest

As a Militia Sergeant ( Northern California State Militia) I learned that in a Larger Group of Friends ( CSM is largest Militia in Nation) there will be calls to respond to events like the Bundy Ranch incident from within our group, but as an unorganized legal constitutional State Militia we are a defensive organization and thus our Community outreach activities & training are carried out in our Area/Region and we will only conduct activities there (Unless called up by our Governor ). Our Leadership did not even consider an order to operate in neighboring Nevada .

I have learned that regardless of wether I am in the right or not, if I can make it appear that my rights are being infringed on I can get supporters with guns to come fight my battle especially if it is against the federal government. It is not important to prove my point only that I cry loud enough to attract attention. I also learned that if you dont want to listen to the federal government just state that they have no legal authority that I recognize or have to follow.

I have learned that regardless of wether I am in the right or not, if I can make it appear that my rights are being infringed on I can get supporters with guns to come fight my battle especially if it is against the federal government. It is not important to prove my point only that I cry loud enough to attract attention. I also learned that if you dont want to listen to the federal government just state that they have no legal authority that I recognize or have to follow.

When I was in the service during the Vietnam War we had a name for people with this attitude..."Lifer".

When I was in the service during the Vietnam War we had a name for people with this attitude..."Lifer".

What are you trying to say? Lifer to me when I was in was someone that followed the rules and requreiments of being in the service - to me that was not such a bad thing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top