JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always enjoyed the Winchester 67A however I am a poor, simple country boy.
Dude, that is a thing of beauty....

1589592431255.png
1589592540722.png
...:s0155:

For my money and very little of at that, nothing beats an early Mossberg for function and accuracy. They come in single shot, mag fed or tube fed and can hold their own with the best of them.

First why do you want a bolt action 22?
I'll say why I want one. Number one I have a kinda new 10/22 and its nickname is mr. jam-O-matic. Yes I know is is ether type of ammo or just needs 10k rounds to be properly broke in etc yata yata yata. I just don't enjoy shooting it.

I have had a few other semi auto .22 guns and one thing for sure, if they don't jam a ton they burn through ammo.

Oh.. here is another reason, loading 25 round BX mags sucks.

Bolt action solves most of that, I just don't mind shooting a bit slower specially if I don't have to clear a jam every 3 rounds and I get accuracy. Yes the 10/22 could potentially be more accurate and I do have a green mountain large diameter barrel for it. I kinds hesitate to put it on because it has the tighter match style chamber. Probably jam even more then the stock barrel. I am going to try putting on the barrel and do what I can to figure out mr. jam-O-matic's issues before I sell him.

Going to be teaching grand kids to shoot in a few yrs so any semi auto is out when it comes to family shooting sessions.

So those are MY reasons, though I am sure that question was for the OP.

I agree with NCW_Robert. I've owned numerous 10/22s through the years and while they were reliable, they shot fist size groups at 25 yards.
Last year I bought a 10/22 Takedown and it's been the most frustrating Ruger I have ever dealt with. It jams, fails to extract, and still shoots fist sized groups.
I took it sage rat hunting last year and (long story short) I actually called a gun shop and ordered a CZ 457 from the field. I was hating that rifle that much.
Love that CZ 457!

I bought a Ruger American Rimfire because of the mags. I got it threaded and enjoy it. But the action is a bit crunchy. Just not that smooth. I also have a beautiful walnut stocked Marlin 925. That action is butter smooth. But the mags are 7rd sheet metal mags...not as cool as my RAR with a BX25 mag.

Nothing like a bolt 22, though. When I need to be as quiet as possible without a suppressor, I get out my 22" barreled Marlin with CCI Quiets and that combo is hearing safe!

Oh, if you are going to use it to teach kids, do this: Go to Tech-Sights (the best 22 iron sights available!) and choose a rifle from the list of their available options. They had a set for my Marlin 925so I was really lucky!

Teaching kids?...
Keystone Crickett.
Single shot bolt action .22 RF
Commonly found at around $139 or less.
Comes in kid sizes with fun coloured stocks and doesn't confuse the youngsters with having to line up front and rear sights because it comes with peeps.
Just put the front sight on the target and pull the trigger.
Couldn't be easier.
Even says "my first rifle" right on the stock, so the kiddies can feel extra special about the gun.
Available with an adult sized stock for the grown-up kids, too. =)

Last Edited:
'I have had a few other semi auto .22 guns and one thing for sure, if they don't jam a ton they burn through ammo.'

The answer to this lies in your own hands............................... :)
Throwing a ton of lead or making tiny sets of holes in the target... fun ether way. but, one of those ways is just a ton more $$. ;)

i do kinda have self control issues with throwing lots of bullets [semi auto] or stomping down on a gas pedal with a lot of hp involved. :D

The answer to this lies in your own hands.. yup. can not argue with that. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads