JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I cant decide. Let me know what you guys think. I have yet to find a store that as the three I am looking at all in one place, to do a side by side, so its difficult to tell which ones I like better. Any thoughts?

things they MUST be:
Roof prism, using Bak4 prisms.
Waterproof, shockproof..... blah blah blah... I think they all will be in this $ range.
Compact and lightweight
Very rugged
Lifetime warranty
FULLY multi coated optics.

Binos I am considering right now:
Leupold Mojave 8X42mm
Leupold Pinnacle ( #2 on my list, but most expensive)
Bushnell Infinity 8X45mm
Bushnell Elite E2 8X42mm ( my fav at this point but $$$ :()
Nikon Monarch 8X42mm (my least fav at this point).

I know most people dont like Bushnell, but I have a cheap pair of binos that have done me very well, as well as an elite 3200 rifle scope that I love. I favor them due to the Raingaurd coating and you dont pay for the name. HOWEVER I know a few buddies that have destroyed, literaly destroyed, their Leupold scopes (one in a car accident) and they gave him a new one. I cant argue with customer service like that.

Please provide any experience you have, particularly on the Bushnell's, I already know EVERYONE loves Leupold.:s0112:

I like Bushnell products and I think Leupold are way over rated even though I have a pair. I bought a set of Vanguards at sportsman that were $150 off and they are fantastic. Give them a look. It is all in the user.

You know if you call Leupold at 1-800-538-7653 they have a full time product technical support team to help you refine your selection. It is free to call them and ask them their opinion. Tell them what your mission profile is (what you intend to do with these binos) and they'll dial you in and will be honest what works/doesn't work.

I personally know many of them working on this team and they're all hard core hunters and most of them train at OFA on a regular basis. These are not some sporting goods store commandos stuck in some dark call center in Topeka. Their team is composed of real, serious, hunters, fishermen/women, and shooters. They use a lot of gear! And they know what works/doesn't work. They'll not obviously bad mouth their own product line but they will steer you toward equipment that works for your mission profile. I'm biased and am a Leupold junkie. When I had my gun shop I slowly started eradicating the other brands and became an exclusive Leupold re-seller. For the price point you can't go wrong. Is there better glass on the market - yes! But unless you're willing to pony up some substantial $$$ you can't go wrong. They'll back up their products if something goes south.

I know one guy on the team extremely well. If you PM me off line I'll give you his name and you can call and ask for him personally. He is super squared away. Mega big time successful hunter and one heck of a defensive revolver shooter!

I really like the Canon Image Stabilized family of binoculars. Great for over caffeinated hands. :) Get very good reviews. I have the least expensive 8x25 model. Not bulky and work as advertised. Great for sports too. Check them on Amazon and other places for non-MSRP prices. Not sure if they meet all your requirements but they work darn good!

Thanks guys. I spoke with the counter guy at Wholesale sports yesterday (the old sportsmans wharehouse on 82nd). They actually had all of the binos I am looking at. It was nice to see them all side by side.
The Nikon's are nice. In fact he said those Monarchs are their top selling bino. I was surprised at the lack of difference between the $500 Leupold Pinnacles, and the Nikon and Bushnell offerings. Leupold customer service better wash windows for the price premium they are offering. I just cant justify it at this point.
Anyways, He also said they are closing out the Bushnell Elite E2 that I am fond of. Man those things are nice. Still my favorite.
Now they just need to go on sale. :)
Thanks for all the help..... I may go with the Nikons anyways. Amazon has them for $219 right now. I had some Action series for a couple of years that were pretty good for the money. But this year, halfway through the season the seals decided to go out and they leaked and fogged up. Only 4 years. Not thrilled with that... but they were only $80.

I'm not sure if your still looking for bino's??? Take a look at the Brunton Eterna's or just the Brunton brands. I've owned my Eternas for seven years now, they are amazing.... The newer ones are designed slightly different than mine and I have an unconditional lifetime warranty. I haven't priced them lately, but I do know they have come down. I've owned Nikon, Leupold, Bushnell, and some off-brands. I use to buy a new pair every year or two, until my buddy introduced me to Brunton. This company makes high-end Mt. gear and accesories. You can spend the money Like I use to and get disapointed three years from now. You'd be better off just saving and buying Swarovskis(?) Stiener, or Lieca. Brunton also makes a high-end line that is equal to those three, if not better(seriously). Anyways, good luck. Ps... sorry for the spelling and punctuation!!!

Try to buy the very best you can afford. And cry once.

I don't own Swarovski's, but my wife does for coastal bird watching. There really is a huge difference between the so-so (like Bushnell...we have those too) and the really top end. The Swarovskis are amazing in terms of clarity and in color rendition, and totally waterproof for nasty conditions, like hunting usually is.

You might check out these guys:

<broken link removed>

They have USED higher end optics and you can get some occasional deals on older binos, often military surplus. You can almost always get higher quality used for the same money as so-so quality in new. Some of their Eastern Europe offerings are usually underpriced for their quality.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top