JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Deschutes Mirror Pond. Really excited Deschutes (and Ninkasi too!) canning their beer. Much more packable and easier to recycle.

ror-Pond-Pale-Ale-Pacific-Wonderland-Lager-and-Fresh-Squeezed-IPA-courtesy-of-Deschutes-Brewery-.jpg

20180325_183101.jpg
20180325_184341.jpg
Had a taster flight at Humboldt Cider Co in Eureka, CA. They were all awesome, they had an 11.5 % that was aged a year in whiskey barrels and an 11% Cyser that I bought a growlette of, the rest were all above 6.9%. Needless to say I'm not driving back to the hotel tonight.

Back in Oregon, I'm having a rum old-fashioned made with piloncillo, ended up almost like a rum liqueur the molasses notes in the rum blend into the molasses notes in the piloncillo, very good but one dimensional.

Good to know, I have been wanting to try this! Waiting for it to go on sale in Oregon where we are to stupid to pump our own gas and buy our liquor in grocery stores for a good price.

You should give it a try. It's smooth like a Canadian whiskey, but has the woody notes of a scotch. I only picked it up because it was cheaper than the normal Jim Beam, but definitely glad I did...That pumping gas thing in Oregon drives me crazy! Especially when the kid pumping won't shut the hell up and wants to talk your ear off.

Finished up the Humboldt Cider Co. Cyser tonight, and got the first taste of my own cyser after racking into the secondary it's not quite done fermenting yet, and it's about 9-10% abv.

I just mixed up a Tom Collins. Fire in the woodstove and have the house to myself, for at least a little while. (The Mrs has Spring Break and took the two potato-heads up to Toys Я Us, before it closes down, as well as obtain supplies from the city.)

had me a gin mary last night with all the veggies I could toss in. Tonight...
finished off an excellent local pinot noir.
I can see at least 75 vineyards and at least 6 wineries from my front door.

I just mixed up a Tom Collins. Fire in the woodstove and have the house to myself, for at least a little while. (The Mrs has Spring Break and took the two potato-heads up to Toys Я Us, before it closes down, as well as obtain supplies from the city.)

Sounds like a fun night to me, I miss having a wood stove!

This picture came up in a group chat and somehow the discussion veered into what a drink based off of it would be called.
party-in-the-back-and-wait-a-second-whats-that-28151433.png
My wife came up with the name "Monarch Mullet Margarita" and I came up with a recipe for it so that's what I'm enjoying tonight.

1 part Mezcal (I used my blood orange habenero infused mezcal)
1 part Monarch Rum (I used Bacardi Gold, I don't recommend buying Monarch)
1 part lime juice
.5 part agave syrup
Pinch of salt

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA