JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1708317554750.png
Some jerk at work came back from getting the COVID a little too soon and now it's my turn.

It's got alcohol in it, so it counts

Last Edited:
View attachment 1826020
Some jerk at work came back from getting the COVID a little too soon and now it's my turn.

It's got alcohol in it, so it counts
Back in college, my caving club had a special committee called the Drinking Techniques Committee, or DTC for short. The DTC existed solely for the purpose of identifying alcohol that was able to be purchased after midnight (BITD, stores in Virginia stopped selling beer/wine/booze at midnight, and almost all of our parties lasted well into the morning light of the following day). On the top of the DTC's list of available beverages for purchase after midnight were NyQuil, Listerine, pure (real) vanilla extract, etc. And yes, I have drunk all of those in quantity when the booze had run out... And no, I don't have a problem with alcohol. Unless there isn't enough of it... :)

I've always been partial to W.C. Fields' take: "I don't drink water, fish bubblegum in it."
This is true but not W.C.'s best drink quote as far as I am concerned. Here is his best.

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake."

- W.C. Fields

Just brewed up a pot of Assam tea from loose leaf. Most delightful on this snowy day. (My wifey and the little ones are home due to snow day and the tea seems to well received by my better half as well.)

Understood, I have one coming up, it either number 6 or 7, think we missed in 2020. Been doing them every 5 years since I was 35 due to cancer in the family.

I figure I lose a few pounds, get a helluva nap, then a killer meal afterwards.
Six or 7!!!??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good Lord, I don't envy you!!! This is only my second one. First one was in 2010. I've been putting this off for a while, but my PCP finally guilted me into it... :rolleyes:

Regarding killer meals, I had a ribeye, rare, last night. Last solid food in the past 24 hours.
For that next meal, I'm thinking I'ma gonna try that brat recipe that @ferret427 posted in the What's on the Grill Tonight? thread. Sure looks delish...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads