JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jagermeister!
Jager-Pun.jpg

When I was fresh out of the military back in the early 90's, I roomed with an old high school buddy that swore every time he drank tequila, he'd get lucky.

Well, his birthday arrived and we had a huge party at the apartment. He bought a bottle of some top shelf tequila, thinking he was locked in for a good time.

We had some epic hotties from the college show up and as the night wore on, my buddy had a bit too much tequila, and passed out in his room, alone.

I grabbed the nearly empty bottle and took a few swigs. I then explained to the remaining females the supposed legend of tequila while I took a couple of more swigs.

I ended up with a girl that was top shelf material for a Motley Crue video. :cool:

The next day, I related to my buddy what happened and he was super stoked. He was adamant that the tequila worked and that it's power simply transferred to me.

Good times...

It's my Saturday night, so I stopped by the liquor store to get a bottle of Powers Gold Label.

I was at a friend's house last night playing cards and he had an older bottle of it with a different label and it was called John Powers Gold Label. It was very good and comparable to Jameson's.

He said that he went to Ireland about ten years ago and would go into a local pub and ask what the best whiskey was for the price. Every pub recommended the John Powers.

I will say that it is pretty good for $30 a bottle...

IMG_20201109_184551145.jpg

Tonight is card night, so picked up another variety of Irish whiskey to sample with my dad.

IMG_20201117_165402300.jpg

My girlfriend got home from work and said she was coming down with something, so we had to cancel card night with the old folks.

I decided to try it anyway and it's not bad. More of a peaty taste with an smokey finish and not as smooth as the Powers Gold Label. My dad will love it since he prefers the peat/oak flavors.

Dirty martinis... with homemade fudge! :)
Dirty martini.JPG
Should I stop at three? Askin' for a friend... o_O

Last Edited:
I stopped at 3 martinis and switched to Old Fashioneds for my nightly reading session... :)
Held my ground at TWO pieces of homemade fudge. It was a brutal undertaking. Casualties were high.. :mad:

Another card night and the old men finished off my Quiet Man whiskey (to favorable reviews), so I only had one drink left when I got home. Had to rummage around the freezer to find a bottle of something acceptable. Found a bottle of Idaho huckleberry moonshine and poured a glass over ice and added some Sprite to make a mixed drink that is very good, though makes me question my sexuality. :D

Gotta love any drink made by a place called Centerfire Distillery.

IMG_20201123_014449902.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads